GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I agree, I wonder what the league would look like.

Would teams let McDavid streak in untouched or take the penalty and put them on power play?
Honestly, teams and players will always adjust with time. So I don’t think it’d be necessarily be like a penalty parade.

There are legal ways to defend McDavid too. It just requires an elite defenceman that can keep up with him and has the hockey Iq to read his attacks. Not every team has that defenceman, but that should be how it is going against the Leagues best.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
the building will be loud. hoping for vancouver to weather the storm and start hitting their top guys if they get a chance.

There isn't a player on Vancouver's roster that is capable of containing McDavid and Draisaitl so it'd be nice if some of the other Oilers' players chipped in with a little bit of secondary scoring.

If Skinner could play like an average starting goalie, that would help too.
if hughes had makar like wheels he could. but mcdavid is just too fast.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Who knew there are so many members of the Media in Edmonton.

1715547641017.png

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Before the game kicks off the best of 5 series

Cancwe all agree the officiating sucks, both teams are going ti get screwed...one probably slightly more then the other. But there's no hidden agenda from the illuminati here. May the best team win!!
There is an internal inconsistency in logic here, but oh well, whatever floats your boat.

Reactions: Summer Rose

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I’m not sure what you’re suppose to do though.

If you call it by the rule book, McDavid would draw a penalty every possession and if you called it normally he would get one every shift and send the most potent power play since I’ve been alive out.

I know it wasn’t your point but I’m honestly genuinely wondering what the solution is for a player like McDavid. Only call the egregious ones or ones that take away a prime scoring chance? If we have to do that for McDavid that should apply to everyone else on the ice as well to keep it consistent.

You call the penalties and then people stop taking them and you watch him dominate the league.

The fact that instead of "let's help stars do something remarkable that everyone in every household in the world will want to watch ensure that people watch our product" the league is saying "let's help plugs barely talented enough to be in the league ensure people don't want to watch our product" is why the NHL is a second rate league compared to the NFL or the NBA.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Before the game kicks off the best of 5 series

Can we all agree the officiating sucks, both teams are going to get screwed...one probably slightly more then the other. But there's no hidden agenda from the illuminati here. May the best team win!!
You kinda sound like a sleeper agent for the Illuminati. Not sure I trust your post.....

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If Tocchet gets his wish. We shouldn’t see any penalties called against Zadorov, EP, and Hughes tonight to teach them a lesson for diving. Let’s hope his pre-series propaganda campaign holds.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
With how much complaining there has been about reffing on both sides & in most series, I wonder if the NHL will ever use the linesmen as hybrid referees? It’s obvious that the game is too fast for just two officials now

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006
Hopefully Oilers wins in a decided fashion. McDavid has alternated between one and multiple points, can he break the code and have multiple? Leon will notch a couple+ points for sure. Hoping for a pair of goals by the group of Holloway, Foegle, Perry and the rest of the bottom six. Would be cool to have the Nucks constrained to 20 or fewer SOG.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Hopefully Oilers wins in a decided fashion. McDavid has alternated between one and multiple points, can he break the code and have multiple? Leon will notch a couple+ points for sure. Hoping for a pair of goals by the group of Holloway, Foegle, Perry and the rest of the bottom six. Would be cool to have the Nucks constrained to 20 or fewer SOG.
Vancouver hasn’t really been a high shooting team, Edmonton doesn’t need to limit shots. They need to limit goals against

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad