GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
"slewfooted"
thierry-henry-laugh.gif
Those same fans posting the embellishment and slew footing shit are drinking too much of the Tocchet Koolaid! … they’re drowning in it!
I have yet to see any video evidence of these claims.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Hopefully Ian Cole doesn't score again for the Oilers.

I would have hope for tonight, but you know with the Oilers being at home refs will have a mandate to help McDavid.
McDavid went that one season when he was like 62nd at drawing penalties which drew the ire of TSN and Sportsnet. 2 playoffs without drawing a single call.

What McDavid learned was when refs aren't calling shit, the entire team can hack and slash and highstick to their hearts content. They gameplan for the refs.

A fairly called game would only benefit McDavid and the Oilers.

Do the Canucks fans really want this series decided by special teams?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
If McJeesus got slew footed and high sticked in the face in the same game this would be Oilers fans

View attachment 869309

Tell me more about how our coach complaining about these obvious calls is somehow wrong.........
Tocchet did his job.

No Sutherland tonight.

There's a reason Tocchet is a lock for the Jack Adams.

It's good to see those who believe in fair play calling this shit out, same as we called it out a few playoffs ago when the refs refused to call any of the interference on McDavid. Integrity, consistency, something I've become accustomed to on HFCanucks. Good to see it seeping into the mains.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Some of us want the Oilers to lose as much as our own team to win.

Can you imagine if Kane, Perry, Nurse and Draisatl win the cup? Such a dislikeable bunch.
The only thing I can't imagine is being that invested is something that has nothing to do with my team. Perry has already won a cup lmao and I don't recall a lot of likeability on that team. There wasn't much likeability with last year's champ either...

I have 31 unlikeable winners. When my team is out I don't really care anymore, lesser of two evils isn't really something that applies to sports.

Reactions: Summer Rose

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Just double checking all the uproar and comments about Tocchet WHINING about reffing was just the comment about slew foots or am missing something else?

He s whining about embellishment… and the fact it’s not called. Doesn’t take a genius to read between the lines… he’s whining about officiating without getting fined.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
If McJeesus got slew footed and high sticked in the face in the same game this would be Oilers fans

View attachment 869309

Tell me more about how our coach complaining about these obvious calls is somehow wrong.........
Did I miss the complaining?

Only thing I’ve seen was Tocchet saying it’s a tough job but the only thing was the slew foots? He didn’t even say they missed it or cried about it, just said he didn’t like them. Understandable.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

Can you imagine if Kane, Perry, Nurse and Draisatl win the cup? Such a dislikeable bunch.

I guess it’s better than watching a bunch of likeable NHLers golfing. 🤷🏼‍♂️

At least they don’t cheat.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

He s whining about embellishment… and the fact it’s not called. Doesn’t take a genius to read between the lines… he’s whining about officiating without getting fined.

To be fair, he probably was talking about his own team.

Reactions: VainGretzky

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
To be fair, he probably was talking about his own team.

You know what, it might have been… Tocchet was an honest of a player that you could find. He blurred the line at times and could get a bit dirty but he was a hard nosed player who showed up all the time… I could see him saying that in general (including his own team)… it’s obvious through that, in this series, only the Oilers listened to him and got the message.

• Love
Reactions: PuckG

Jason316

Oct 3, 2017
Santa Monica California

Perry won already with Ducks and it was sad....Ducks were the first Cali team to win a cup and had a parade in a parking lot....so happy lol

However McJesus i mean McDavid winning it is WORTH it

Last edited:

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
The only thing I can't imagine is being that invested is something that has nothing to do with my team. Perry has already won a cup lmao and I don't recall a lot of likeability on that team. There wasn't much likeability with last year's champ either...

I have 31 unlikeable winners. When my team is out I don't really care anymore, lesser of two evils isn't really something that applies to sports.
So if the Flames were making a cup run, you wouldn't be actively cheering against them? Sure bud.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
So if the Flames were making a cup run, you wouldn't be actively cheering against them? Sure bud.

100% I would, but I am objective in my “cheering against” and don’t make shit up.

Iginla was one of my favorite NHL players of all time. Mad respect for MacInnis, Nieuwendyk, Roberts, Tanev, Lindholm, Lanny, Weegar and, of course, Flames legend Grant Fuhr!

Who are your favorite Oilers and ones you have respect for? :popcorn:

Blind hatred and rage posting when your team is not involved seems weird and sad.

EDIT: actually, I need to correct my statement, not “100%”, 97%… I would cheer for the Flames if they met the Canucks. I feel then Flames fans are true to their team and actively engage in hockey talk regardless if they are good/bad… whereas so many (not all) Canuck fans are closet fans, only engage in hockey talk when there team is good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad