GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This is the problem, isn't it? They've looked flat the majority of the last 4 games, I've never seen an Oiler playoff team so complacent for so many long stretches. In some ways, this feels like the worst Oilers playoff team since the bubble. I'm just not feeling it with this group.
They scored first then went to sleep for half a period.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oilers left Boeser alone with the goalie on one and Foegele, who shouldn’t even be on this team, gave them a lay up on another. Skinner always gets better as the game goes on.
Maybe we should go to a strat of going with Pickard in the 1st period and Skinner for the rest of the night.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I don't disagree - pull him
Just the he sucks always sucked same shit all the time
F ing grow up

Stu got us here. And I'm a big supporter of Pickard. I think he would have too. Campbell? Not a chance
Come on man, Stu got us here? Nope, Mcdavid Drai Hyman Bouch Ekholm and the list goes on. Stu mostly benefited from good D and perimeter shots. Stu did not get them here, you say that about a goalie that stands on his head night in and night out, not Stuart Skinner.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I mean yeah. It's about as high danger as it gets, with as much time and space as a breakaway.

Should have gotten his body infront of the first but that defending was f***ing ass by McDavid and Ek, just easier to not blame them.
This is the playoffs. Your goalie needs to make high danger saves. In fact an average goalie saves about 85% of high danger chances on net. Sorry. He isn’t a playoff calibre goalie

Reactions: iCanada

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
We made Boeser look like Gretzky. Doesn't get more embarrassing than that.

This defense needs a serious retool in the off season even if we miraculously win this series.
Shocked. Stunned to see the Canucks run the Oilers show physically. Never thought I'd see that. Then to leave a soft finesse guy have acres of high danger ice without impunity is a recipe for failure. This team needs a lot more push back. Passive start and picked apart with help from abysmal team defending and a weak goaltender.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Come on man, Stu got us here? Nope, Mcdavid Drai Hyman Bouch Ekholm and the list goes on. Stu mostly benefited from good D and perimeter shots. Stu did not get them here, you say that about a goalie that stands on his head night in and night out, not Stuart Skinner.
Yep. The team is here despite Stu Skinner. He almost caved the season in first month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad