GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Hahaha, other GMs manage contracts every freaking year. It’s just the Oilers I guess who are restricted in doing so. Must be a league rule I missed. You would think the highest paid GM in the league could manage a trade.

Great interview with Zack Kassian now on ched. He got an Oiler tattoo today.
Haha no way did he? I guess the oilers gave him the chance to change his life and he took it. Holland basically set the man up for life financially

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
NHL decided to assign this one to Chris Rooney, who previously made a circus of the Game 3 in the LA series.

Nothing will go wrong, I’m sure.
I mean guys like Kozari, Sutherland, Rooney etc are reffing in the second round, NHL must consider these their best refs. Don’t even get me started on McCauley who is considered one of the “best”. I think the NHL mandate is game management to keep games close, which just adds to confusion among everything else to a ref’s job.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I live in van I hate the canucks with a passion. I like the Oilers roster I think it is well put together for the first time in a long time. If it was jets vs oilers I wouldn't be posting here I would in all likelihood be talking trash. Also I put lots of money on the Oilers this year. Go oilers.
when I lived in Vancouver in 90's. I played baseball with a fella from Winnipeg. Great fella. Smoked more dope then Cheech & Chong. He ended up moving back to Winnipeg because he hated the weather in Vancouver. Too much rain.

Lets see how he does with 18,000 fans chanting his name.
I mean he is a good goalie but pressure has a way of getting inside a players head.
Place will be a madhouse tonight. Wish I was there

Reactions: guymez

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Hahaha, other GMs manage contracts every freaking year. It’s just the Oilers I guess who are restricted in doing so. Must be a league rule I missed. You would think the highest paid GM in the league could manage a trade.

Great interview with Zack Kassian now on ched. He got an Oiler tattoo today.
Our GM managed to waste ALL the cap space on Hyman, re upping Nuge, bridging Bouchard and adding Campbell the ONLY year he had cap space.

He has been right at cap otherwise and needed league rejects like Kane and Perry to come here as second chances.

This offseason he has 10M to sign 7 players including Holoway, Broberg and Desharnais.

This means we get to walk away from Foegele and Henrique for 2 more league min replacements

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So why is it the one pairing that consistently gets caved by the opposition? Their underlying stats are atrocious and it’s not like they’re getting anything done offensively to make up for it. They’re not even getting matched up against top competition. They’re being outscored by… what, 5-1 so far this series?

If all the pairings were getting roasted you’d have a point but they got eviscerated by the last two teams we lost against in the playoffs.
Cause when Nurse boots pucks past Skinner that’s Skinners fault obviously. Not Nurse’s.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
The Ceci-Nurse problems are overrated. Particularly the criticisms of throwing puck along the board and not getting it out. This happened around 50X to Dallas last night and they only paid for it once because they have a premium goalie, last line of defense, that makes up for a lot.

Dallas were basically doing the same thing we are. Banging pucks up boards, if that doesn't work bang harder. They were avoiding at all costs pucks up the middle unless Colorado had vacated zone or were on line change. Colorado were stuffing boards and stopping those pucks all the time and it didn't matter.

its on the Oilers where every not perfect play ends up being a threat because of our goaltending.
Damn you couldn't be more wrong here. That pair has had alot of needless giveaways and plays that lead to sustained pressure. If just 2-3 of those plays are converted by the other team, it's a whole new ball game. Many of those plays ended in nothing burgers, but it surely doesn't mean they didn't happen

Nurse got targeted by Chi in the playins. That pair has been caved for 2 playoffs now.

Saying it's no biggie?? Puuuulease

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Can we leave the whining and handwringing about management out of the GDT, at least until the game has started?

ezgif-7-36380bc89b.gif

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I mean guys like Kozari, Sutherland, Rooney etc are reffing in the second round, NHL must consider these their best refs. Don’t even get me started on McCauley who is considered one of the “best”. I think the NHL mandate is game management to keep games close, which just adds to confusion among everything else to a ref’s job.
The refs that let games lead to blowouts in round one are probably sitting at home right now.

Reactions: FlameChampion

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
IS the ice district rocking tonight? I have to say, they r doing a great job in there. I was laughing at the people doing the bunny hop around the crowd. Thats awesome. At least we aint burning down the city

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Canucks are 10-0-1 with Rooney in the last 3 years.

I wonder what their fans will complain about now.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
IS the ice district rocking tonight? I have to say, they r doing a great job in there. I was laughing at the people doing the bunny hop around the crowd. Thats awesome. At least we aint burning down the city
Lots of bastard idiots heading to the rink right this moment. Driving like complete and utter morons. Saw a guy almost get nailed at a crosswalk that was also a red light, the RAM driver stopped then immediately continued through the red light as the dude fell backwards onto his ass

WayneMessier

Feb 12, 2013
Inyourbeerfridge
Be assured when happens, Alberta and climate change will be responsible from the lips of our somber PM

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Why is the NHL.com article hoping for a Canucks win, going on about their road record. I could see if it was to tie up the series but seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad