GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Brown and Janmark will get the job done bottom six. Both have strong defensive prowess.

Key concerns right now bottom six are Perry Ryan and Mcleod. None of them are strong defensively and are not chipping in offensively.

Honeslty wish we'd go 11 7 to get stretcher in and not have to roll ceci so much. He's truly awful.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So.... Henrique out and pretty invisible when he's in, Stecher and Carrick scratched again. A 1st+4th for virtually nothing, not to mention that the offseason and in season additions of Brown and Perry providing nothing in the playoffs. I hate to complain on the Gameday of a 1-1 series but....man did Holland drop the ball in this "all in" season. It's pretty much the Edmonton McDrais AGAIN.

Oh and Happy Mother's day to all the mothers in HFOil's lives or any posting here.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So.... Henrique out and pretty invisible when he's in, Stecher and Carrick scratched again. A 1st+4th for virtually nothing, not to mention that the offseason and in season additions of Brown and Perry providing nothing in the playoffs. I hate to complain on the Gameday of a 1-1 series but....man did Holland drop the ball in this "all in" season.

Oh and Happy Mother's day to all the mothers in HFOil's lives or any posting here.
Didn’t like the TDL at the time. Waiting and hoping Holland proves me wrong though. But I could just be deluding myself. What we’ve seen out of the additions is probably what we will get.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
So.... Henrique out and pretty invisible when he's in, Stecher and Carrick scratched again. A 1st+4th for virtually nothing, not to mention that the offseason and in season additions of Brown and Perry providing nothing in the playoffs. I hate to complain on the Gameday of a 1-1 series but....man did Holland drop the ball in this "all in" season. It's pretty much the Edmonton McDrais AGAIN.

It should have been a cakewalk by now but Hollofchialland made sure that wasn't the case.

Reactions: NashtoNowitzki

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Then don't.

The boys are headed home with a split and now we have home-ice. This is the best time of year as a hockey fan. At least pretend to enjoy it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Wouldn’t mind seeing some lineup changes to help out our core5 but I doubt it happens.
I'd ride McDrai on topline at home until Nucks figure a way to try to stop it which I don't think they can. Look at the Nucks lines and see what we could get in line matching. That team is paper thin. They got Boeser and Miller on topline and thats it. Mcleod line has been handling that. Get to get McDrai out against any of the other weak Nucks lines. Look at the Nucks 2nd and 4th lines. lol

Oilers should be able to take both home games. Hopefully Skinner resembles a starting goalie this time. I keep hoping.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Mama said what?

Not sure if the Nuclear Option is going to be a thing vs Vancouver, if it is lines 2 through 4 need to be solid and provide some support. I expect the whistles to be put away so the Oilers cant use our unfair powerplay. Prefer to see Carrick in over Ryan would be my only thing and based on size but Ryan does have the better hockey IQ. No matter, we win either way providing Nurse and Ceci aren't playing Game 1 brain dead hockey and Skinner can seize the moment like did vs LA.

Oilers 5 Canucks 2
The firstline had 12 pts in game 2. So you just run with it especially at home with last line change. We can get some really lopsided matchups. Essentially everytime our top 5 unit was on the ice in Game 2 it was like a PP. Absolute and utter domination. Not sure why we'd change it. If other lines get the odd goal and some saw off play we're away to the races. All this provided 5 goal Fred Skinner doesn't make an encore performance. Thats always hard to overcome.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I'd ride McDrai on topline at home until Nucks figure a way to try to stop it which I don't think they can. Look at the Nucks lines and see what we could get in line matching. That team is paper thin. They got Boeser and Miller on topline and thats it. Mcleod line has been handling that. Get to get McDrai out against any of the other weak Nucks lines. Look at the Nucks 2nd and 4th lines. lol

Oilers should be able to take both home games. Hopefully Skinner resembles a starting goalie this time. I keep hoping.

Agree last change is going to be massive here. Knob can really expose "coach of the year" tocchet.

I don't think I can recall any team going so hard 5 man unit all year. Very dynamic move by Knob and hope he's got a few more tricks up his sleeve.

Time to make the AHL goalie look like an AHL goalie.

Last edited:

Despote

Mar 21, 2023

With Tanev I'd like our chances against anyone. As is, I think we'll beat Vancouver... teams like Dal/Col/FLA I can only hope.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I swear Quinn Hughes looks like he’s going to cry every time you see him.

Case in point, this video thumbnail:

I mean when mcdavid cut him the guy had zero self respect. Didn't get up go push mcdavid or nothing. Refs would have let that slide with his face bleeding.

Then he went full beta in the post game "from my perspective mcdavid hit me". Have some dignity. Stand up for yourself.

Reactions: Cloned

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Then don't.

The boys are headed home with a split and now we have home-ice. This is the best time of year as a hockey fan. At least pretend to enjoy it.
Sorry, I'm allowed to complain if I want to because it's a valid complaint. You don't have to agree but I'm allowed to post it.
Holland screwed up and I'm going to call him out on it, did nothing to improve this roster last offseason and in season. The team is still almost completely dependent on 2 players, they dragged this corpse to the finish line in Game 2.

I wish the top players had more support but they haven't gotten any and that's on the GM, I hope like hell that they can overcome it and I'll be cheering like mad tonight but it doesn't make me wrong about the lack of roster depth. Henrique being out and being pretty invisible when in just brought it to light for me.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

I really liked Henrique in the playoffs before he got hurt. An injury isn’t Hollands fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad