GDT: WQSF | II | "Response" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.10.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
3 of the 4 officials for tonight’s game are from BC, so there’s that.
I swear the league sets this up for a reason. You'd think they would have something in effect for playoffs where this could be avoided.

BTW, I called it after the oilers scored their PP goal. That would be the last PP of the game. Its in the rule book.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I swear the league sets this up for a reason. You'd think they would have something in effect for playoffs where this could be avoided.

BTW, I called it after the oilers scored their PP goal. That would be the last PP of the game. It’s in the rule book.
You did and you were so right. We’ve seen this bs before, just how it is.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
3 of the 4 officials for tonight’s game are from BC, so there’s that.

It’s absurd, really. As corrupt as the Olympics are, they at least try to get judges / refs etc that are neutral

They really couldn’t bring in unbiased refs?

Also lol at NHL.com cheerleading a 2-0 series lead for the Cucks. Brutal

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
This would have been the perfect game to go 11 7 with drai not 100% and draw out one of our marginal players to put drai bottom 6 if he can't do as many hard minutes.

That way at least we get stretcher in and don't need to run ceci so much.

I don't know why Knob needs to keep everything written in stone like woodcroft?

Reactions: Porkleaker

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's the second round of the playoffs and I'm not as excited as I used to be for Oilers playoffs
Game 1 was so bad that it really sapped the playoff energy from me. I'm sure they'll have a better effort tonight but I can't shake the feeling of how disinterested they looked in Game 1, it looked like a team way further from Cup contention than I thought they were and I didn't think they were a true Cup contender in the first place. Not just last game, they were pedestrian the last 2 games against L.A. as well. They look like the 7th or 8th best team left in the playoffs.
As usual, I'll cheer them on and hope for the best but my expectations are very tempered.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Game 1 was so bad that it really sapped the playoff energy from me. I'm sure they'll have a better effort tonight but I can't shake the feeling of how disinterested they looked in Game 1, it looked like a team way further from Cup contention than I thought they were and I didn't think they were a true Cup contender in the first place. Not just last game, they were pedestrian the last 2 games against L.A. as well. They look like the 7th or 8th best team left in the playoffs.
As usual, I'll cheer them on and hope for the best but my expectations are very tempered.
Hope for the best prepared for the worst. Same here same old issues / immaturity showing up was very disappointing

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Well, that's game

If even that.

BTW, I called it after the oilers scored their PP goal. That would be the last PP of the game. Its in the rule book.

4-0 canucks.

It’s absurd, really. As corrupt as the Olympics are, they at least try to get judges / refs etc that are neutral

They really couldn’t bring in unbiased refs?

Also lol at NHL.com cheerleading a 2-0 series lead for the Cucks. Brutal
The two linesmen are meh, whatever. I’m sure they could blow a few offside calls or icings but I rarely have an issue with them. Sutherland (BC) and Furlatt (QC) are the two refs. This season the Oilers have a combined losing record with them and the Canucks have a combined winning record so our guys better watch the sticks, they’ll be calling every flop, dive and stuntman drama fall for the BC provincial synchronized diving team.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Same reason I don’t think Desharnais will do well this series. They can’t handle speed.

It's bad that I'm here hoping that $800k Vinny can up his game more to try to take ice time away from our frighteningly bad $12.5M second pair. I think vinny/kulak helped a lot in the first round. But for sure, speed of skating and playmaking by canucks are a big issue this round.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I'm looking at game 1 like this: Oilers played like absolute trash, and still almost came out with a win. Nucks played hard, Oilers did not. 1 goal game. If the Oilers actually show up, they'll win. No question. But this is starts with the captain. He needs to lead by example.

Drai's injury also f'd with the team mentally and you could see it on the ice the last half of the game.

Lots of pucks on Silovs. 60 minute effort. Get the win.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
And it’ll be a delay of game or too many men type call. Not a single ref judgement call will go our way tonight again.
I could only stand to watch that game one time but but over the first 35 or so minutes alone the Canucks could have taken two or three interference calls. And that's a not a biased view, it's only that the Oilers were up and they refused to call interference.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I'm looking at game 1 like this: Oilers played like absolute trash, and still almost came out with a win. Nucks played hard, Oilers did not. 1 goal game. If the Oilers actually show up, they'll win. No question. But this is starts with the captain. He needs to lead by example.

Drai's injury also f'd with the team mentally and you could see it on the ice the last half of the game.

Lots of pucks on Silovs. 60 minute effort. Get the win.

Think the Canucks have made a huge mistake running silovs again. He got lit up 4 times first 14 shots.

Reminds me of markstrom who went full sieve that flames series.

Arrogant canucks have bought into the hype their AHL goalie is the next adin hill.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Play a full 60 mins!! That’s all I ask and this game is ours. I don’t give a shit if you’re up 8-0. Keep pushing forward and try to win the game

Let’s go!!!

I had A and W for supper by the way. grandpa burger combo.

If we win it’s because of the burger.

I was drinking beer for Game 1 and we lost.

Tonight it’s Bumbu Rum and Coke Zero. Triples.

We’re winning this f***ing thing.

IMG_4496.jpeg

Last edited:

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Think the Canucks have made a huge mistake running silovs again. He got lit up 4 times first 14 shots.

Reminds me of markstrom who went full sieve that flames series.

Arrogant canucks have bought into the hype their AHL goalie is the next adin hill.
There's no chance I would have played him again if I were Tocchet. I wouldn't even have started him in the third in game 1. He was not good. Oilers need to get lots of puck on net.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad