GDT: WQSF | II | "Response" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.10.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
For the life of me I don't get how Sam doesn't get a chance. I get that Brown kills penalties but they have other guys that can kill penalties.

Sam has so much fire and passion and has been waiting 16 years to play an Oilers playoff game. He also scored 5 goals this season in limited action. Let's go, give Sam a game and see what he can provide! Please!

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Mcleod is trash. Dude could have a breakaway and he'd probably peel back, curl and wait for help.

Or skate around the net...whichever is safer
As soon as he was safe on the big club, he quit playing

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
So Carrick and Stecher dropped off the face of the Earth as well as Campbell, Pickard? Did they get blasted to the Space Station. I missed the launch.

Brown did so well in game 1 doing absolutely nothing that he draws back in? Corey Fossil still in?

Is Sam Gagner in witness protection or does he still exist? Would he even play if Drai for some reason can't?

Some real strange continuing lineup decisions.

I like some things about KK but theres some other things that leave me wondering.

Stay the course. Look what it brought us in game 1. heh

Oilers W but need to be better and Skinner needs to be an actual NHL goalie this time.
Stetcher is more of a No.7. But I am surprised they sat Carrick for Ryan. Carrick is a better player at this stage.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
So Carrick and Stecher dropped off the face of the Earth as well as Campbell, Pickard? Did they get blasted to the Space Station. I missed the launch.

Brown did so well in game 1 doing absolutely nothing that he draws back in? Corey Fossil still in?

Is Sam Gagner in witness protection or does he still exist? Would he even play if Drai for some reason can't?

Some real strange continuing lineup decisions.

I like some things about KK but theres some other things that leave me wondering.

Stay the course. Look what it brought us in game 1. heh

Oilers W but need to be better and Skinner needs to be an actual NHL goalie this time.

An indictment of Holland if there ever was one. He made 3 acquisitions at the trade deadline Carrick, henrique and stretcher. All three of them are watching again.

Nothing that can help this team apparently. Meanwhile you got guys like lindholm Zadorov and co actually contributing to the Canucks that were acquired over the year.

Next gm for the love of God cannot be an old boy network type that had success in 2006 or something.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You’re not wrong. Playoffs is much better than not.

Some of this is contextual for me. New dad. Life is busy. Work is chaos. Something about the oilers games is giving me heightened anxiety which just isn’t healthy for me but I think there are other life factors contributing. So I need to take it in doses it seems to keep me sane.

Regardless. Let’s get that effing win.
heh, when you're retired its kind of the opposite. Excitement, of any kind, its a good thing, and you're surprised when you still have it. chuckle. Can you imagine my predicament being in my working prime following the Oilers from say 1992 to startup McDavid? Other than a couple years there wasn't a lot to cheer for. i did get the 80's though so I'm pretty lucky to have seen and been to that.

Oh I'm going to watch the weather now. Ciara Yaschuk life is good. She's nothing like Bill Matheson and I don't even know what she's talking about. Could be about golf or painting walls and I'd watch.

1715382142246.png

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
heh, when you're retired its kind of the opposite. Excitement, of any kind, its a good thing, and you're surprised when you still have it. chuckle. Can you imagine my predicament being in my working prime following the Oilers from say 1992 to startup McDavid? Other than a couple years there wasn't a lot to cheer for. i did get the 80's though so I'm pretty lucky to have seen and been to that.

Oh I'm going to watch the weather now. Ciara Yaschuk life is good. She's nothing like Bill Matheson and I don't even know what she's talking about. Could be about golf or painting walls and I'd watch.

View attachment 868556
Jeez I thought we were back to lucky wife pics there

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Based on last game I have absolutely zero faith in this team against Vancouver. Get swept and then not even show up game 1.

If they are going to lose again I just ask that they maybe just try? Maybe Knob remembers to call a time out?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

View attachment 868556
With apologies to Bill and bastardizing his signature line, but that is “The most welcome of all meteorological phenomena, A large warm front.”

We’re done with Siberian highs until next winter.

:)

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I actually bet Carrick is hurt.

Is Carrick really suited for a series against the Canucks? Speed and skill are gonna win the day in this one. Canucks D are big and hit, but they are all trying to get the puck moving back to our end. Carrick doesn't have a well rounded game. Brown can at least keep up with what's going on and try to keep ahead of plays.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Is Carrick really suited for a series against the Canucks? Speed and skill are gonna win the day in this one. Canucks D are big and hit, but they are all trying to get the puck moving back to our end. Carrick doesn't have a well rounded game. Brown can at least keep up with what's going on and try to keep ahead of plays.
Same reason I don’t think Desharnais will do well this series. They can’t handle speed.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Losing Drai or having him not playing at 100% is still a big loss for this team. I'm 90% convinced if Drai is playing 100% we win last game.

We still can beat the Nucks, but this isn't the kind of team that we can try to take the gas pedal off against. They're too fast and too skilled for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad