GDT: WQSF | I | "Regularly Scheduled Programming" | Oilers @ Canucks | Rogers Arena | 5.8.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

LW1, I choose you!

• Mattias Janmark

• Warren Foegele

• Connor Brown

• Dylan Holloway

• Corey Perry

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Nope serious. There’s always going to be some individual breakdowns, but I expected the Canucks to come at us with speed, and we kept them contained to the outside and battled the puck out.
Last d zone possession was brutal but other than that it was decent.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Desharnais predictably not looking so great against a club more intent to bring pressure. Still want to see some stecher.

McLeod line is really struggling. Worst line and look bad in own zone. Needs some adjustments there. Don't think Nucks had much going but still got a post and another went off Skinners Knob. um, the stick.
Way too early. Need the big man for PK and a physical element against the Canucks finesse forwards. His size and range defending is important. Now if he gets exposed after a couple games maybe ... but not convinced a small defender is an answer.

Reactions: North Cole

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Myers
Zadorov

Then a bunch of Danny DeVitos
They can't keep up with the outside cycle. Oilers have to do two things to win this series defensively. Break up their cycle or don't let them set it up, and watch for the cherry picking stretch pass. Outside of that the Canucks don't have much going on if you move the puck quick on their forecheck.

And keep smashing Hughes and Pete. They don't like being hit.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Van had a nice cycle at the end but I wouldn't read much into that. It was a f***ed off situation, kulak got off and then we iced it. Bouch and desharnais looked lost together. Normal pairs we probably do fine there.

Otherwise happy we cleaned up the odd man bullshit as the period went on. Tochett must be a Sutter disciple, just point shots looking for cheese if they can't get the homerun 3 line pass.

Reactions: PBandJ

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Need to manage the puck better. Nurse-Ceci in particular; they're hesitant as always in their own end and it's giving the Canucks pressure.

Bouchard also had a moment where he was surrounded by Canucks and couldn't do anything with it because all the forwards were MIA.

Reactions: Valhallis

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
They can't keep up with the outside cycle. Oilers have to do two things to win this series defensively. Break up their cycle or don't let them set it up, and watch for the cherry picking stretch pass. Outside of that the Canucks don't have much going on if you move the puck quick on their forecheck.

And keep smashing Hughes and Pete. They don't like being hit.
I will say though, bet is on Kane taking our first penalty for 'hitting too hard' or as they'll call it, roughing.

• Haha
Reactions: McFlyingV

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Desharnais looked a bit over his head that period..

Nothing was going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad