GDT: WQSF | I | "Regularly Scheduled Programming" | Oilers @ Canucks | Rogers Arena | 5.8.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

LW1, I choose you!

• Mattias Janmark

• Warren Foegele

• Connor Brown

• Dylan Holloway

• Corey Perry

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yes, Kenny planned for Henrique to be injured.
I mean I guess he did, Brown was in the pressbox and is able to come in and play. Gagner is there as well.

Honestly, you're right you don't plan for a guy to get hurt, but the depth in on another level this year.

Hell Foegele who was a solid top-9 contributor all season, but is the 4th line because of slow start to the playoffs. It's kind of awesome to have this kind of depth.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I mean I guess he did, Brown was in the pressbox and is able to come in and play. Gagner is there as well.

Honestly, you're right you don't plan for a guy to get hurt, but the depth in on another level this year.

Hell Foegele who was a solid top-9 contributor all season, but is the 4th line because of slow start to the playoffs. It's kind of awesome to have this kind of depth.
You are missing my direction. Whining that "Hey look, all of Kenny's deadline acquisitions aren't playing game 1." is foolish. Stetcher was brought in as a 7. Carrick isn't outplaying other guys and Henrique is injured.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
You are missing my direction. Whining that "Hey look, all of Kenny's deadline acquisitions aren't playing game 1." is foolish. Stetcher was brought in as a 7. Carrick isn't outplaying other guys and Henrique is injured.
Sure, they added depth, it still helps. I think Carrick's a bit banged up as well.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

You don’t really plan for a guy to get injured sure. But durability should be part of the calculations when deciding who to target. Henrique hasn’t played a full season in 6 years and he’s 34. There was a risk there that should have been considered.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
You don’t really plan for a guy to get injured sure. But durability should be part of the calculations when deciding who to target. Henrique hasn’t played a full season in 6 years and he’s 34. There was a risk there that should have been considered.
I don't know what to tell you. He has an ankle injury, is that a history for him or did he take one of the "too many" slewfoots the Oilers took last round?

Like sometimes guys get hurt, because things happen. You're acting like they brought Klefa back, but are surprise when his shoulder failed.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don't know what to tell you. He has an ankle injury, is that a history for him or did he take one of the "too many" slewfoots the Oilers took last round?

Like sometimes guys get hurt, because things happen. You're acting like they brought Klefa back, but are surprise when his shoulder failed.

I’m not acting like anything. Just saying he’s 34 and doesn’t have a history of durability. And that’s something you should consider when making a trade.

Maybe just a freak accident though. But less durable players still tend to have more of those. Either way it doesn’t matter, this is the team we got.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I’m not acting like anything. Just saying he’s 34 and doesn’t have a history of durability. And that’s something you should consider when making a trade.

Maybe just a freak accident though. But less durable players still tend to have more of those. Either way it doesn’t matter, this is the team we got.
Should have traded for a 27 year old in the their prime who has never been injured and could guarantee wouldn’t get injured instead. Oh also if they can play C and W as well as PK and PP if needed that would be great.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Neither are Vegas’s :laugh:.

Seriously though, f*** Vegas.
Apparently Vegas isn't too happy with the way that their LTIR was managed this year, and they need to pour resources into the area to take it to the next level, and are looking for a VP of LTIR Management. My bet is they hire former Oiler Joffrey Loophole for the position. ;)

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Apparently Vegas isn't too happy with the way that their LTIR was managed this year, and they need to pour resources into the area to take it to the next level, and are looking for a VP of LTIR Management. My bet is they hire former Oiler Joffrey Loophole for the position. ;)
Who would then set sail for Robidas Island to retrieve its founding resident for additional assistance.

• Haha
Reactions: bellagiobob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad