GDT: WQSF | I | "Regularly Scheduled Programming" | Oilers @ Canucks | Rogers Arena | 5.8.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

LW1, I choose you!

• Mattias Janmark

• Warren Foegele

• Connor Brown

• Dylan Holloway

• Corey Perry

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Pretty low bar to clear. In Woody's three Game 1s following a series win Edmonton went 0-3 allowing 23 goals (GAA of 7.66) while scoring 16 (5.33 goals for).

Every one of those games an absolute circus.

Each of them identical in almost every way. Oilers score at will, but barf up the dumbest goals imaginable the other way. Come back from multi goal deficits, then throw it away again with additional dumbest goals imaginable.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Why screw with LaBamba, just the version that Ben says to play. I get a break from Gene and suppose I'll be exposed to this now.
I could be wrong but I feel like Ben would have boogied down to this still. Sure it’s cheesy but it’s fun!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I’ll be listening to 1440, Oilers YouTube videos, flipping through HF for the next 10 hours (and working of course)!

Thankfully my day is full of meetings randomly which will help the day burn off. Somewhat quiet at the moment, so hard to focus at my desk.

Reactions: PuckG

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Too f***ing long. I had to leave work with a terrible migraine and body aches. Hopefully the oilers are feeling better than me
If you’re a regular migraine sufferer, talk to your doc about a treatment plan to get you on a drug like Ajovy (covered by most health benefits after you’ve exhausted other treatments). It’s a gauntlet to get on, but once you’ve tried other things and they don’t work, you should be able to get approved. The drug is a pricey so the insurance companies don’t want to pay ofc

I just started Ajovy after years of headaches and migraines. First week in years I haven’t had a migraine.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I don't know if my heart can handle another game 1 like that :laugh:

Or my blood pressure.

There was a series of 4-5 shifts early in the second of that game where the Flames were completely rag dolling us and we were straight legging it around the ice. Looked like teams from two different leagues. Don't know if I've ever been that pissed off at an Oiler team during a game in my life, thank god they woke up shortly after that.

I think that this team is over this type of stupidity (knock on wood). We kind of had one of those "we feel comfortable" games in Game 2 against the Kings, but corrected course after that. In past years we would have found a way to f*** up at least one, if not two of Games 3, 4 or 5, but we played mature hockey and found ways to win all.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
calm down austin matthews
Sometimes I feel like him. I am a regular season superstar but in the crunch times people are always like "ZJuice where is my shit" then I get stressed and sick and I'm suddenly worse than regular season. Help me

My hockey life was opposite because I loved hockey and wanted to win. My job it's like "ahhh I have 100000* hours left until retirement"
*if I only work 40 hour weeks

Reactions: CornKicker

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I know the Oilers have way more pressure on them to win this series but I think the Canucks have pressure to win Game 1...Oilers know they can come back in Game 2, can the Nucks?
we need to put the seeds of doubt in place with a Game 1 win

We have a chance to roll downhill on them for sure. Need to win this game.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Just keep the puck on our sticks and its over. Would give them more but their fans are almost as bad as the CP crew. Let them burn it to the ground this time!

Play LaBamba Baby!

Reactions: Oilhawks

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
8pm is a long, long time away.

This day is going to draaaaaag.
Oh yes. I'm working a 10 hour shift today and I'll be off at 3:30 pm. Not much to do when I come home aside from tidying the house so... Yeah. It's definitely going to drag.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Funny when I was saying this at the TDL people were ripping on me (buchnevich, Toffoli, any legit top6 scorer). Foegele had just scored like 20% of his season points against the Ducks and sharks and people here thought he was the new McDavid.

But hey, it’s playoffs, it’s no time for tearing down the Foegeles of the world. Let’s go Warren kill some Nucks
Nobody was trading their pending UFA for Foegle who is a pending UFA. We were kind of stuck with him. Let's hope he does something in these playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad