GDT: WQSF | I | "Regularly Scheduled Programming" | Oilers @ Canucks | Rogers Arena | 5.8.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

LW1, I choose you!

• Mattias Janmark

• Warren Foegele

• Connor Brown

• Dylan Holloway

• Corey Perry

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Holloway is the least experienced option to be on the ice to start off round 2. I wouldn't put him in the position but it's probably not that big of deal anyway.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It still is annoying year 8 in the mcdrai era and we still don't have a consistent winger for line 1 . Janmark / Fogele on line 1 is not something you expect on a cup team lol. Need to get the lead the nucks will play muddy all series and use obstruction/sit back
I agree but I’m also not too concerned.

Great lines are often 2 key players and a third player who complements but isn’t at the same level as the other two, and is full interchangeable.

ie - Gretzky, Kurri and whoever.

Not too worried about this. I’d be more concerned if it’s McDrai for extended periods of time, on one line

Reactions: jesusbuiltmyhotrod

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
So today's finally the day. I hope we whip these punks Guardians Vol. 3 style. Go right into their building and utterly destroy them!

On the score sheets of course mind you lol.

It would be great to see what this group would look like with a full team effort throughout the entire series, keeping things short and sweet. Realisticly though we'll probably take it in 6.

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hold up, the Oilers are playing a hockey game?

images

Eha83oGWsAAKiVY.jpg

Anyway...

8pe097.jpg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Holloway - McDavid - Hyman
RNH - Drai - Kane
Foegele - McLeod - Perry
Janmark - Ryan - Brown
That should be the lineup but I don't think they trust Holloway defensively enough yet to take that spot. There's a reason why RNH and now Henrique were placed there and now Janmark, because McDavid and Hyman function better with a steady defensive guy on their wing.

I also like that lineup because Foegele has looked lost without McLeod, those two have pretty good synergy together as does Janmark-Brown on the 4th line.

Reactions: Oilhawks

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Foegele sucks. Should have ship him out along with the 1st and 2nd for Buchnevich

Funny when I was saying this at the TDL people were ripping on me (buchnevich, Toffoli, any legit top6 scorer). Foegele had just scored like 20% of his season points against the Ducks and sharks and people here thought he was the new McDavid.

But hey, it’s playoffs, it’s no time for tearing down the Foegeles of the world. Let’s go Warren kill some Nucks

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I don't care if we won the first round.

I'm afraid that this will jinx us the same way the Flames' hip-hop video did. :help:

Parodying popular songs as rally songs is a tradition that goes back as long as I can remember. They used to even do them in the 80s.

Where those hip-hop videos went wrong is making an original song trying to be hip and cool or whatever kids would call it today (hype, riz, whatever).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad