Confirmed with Link: [WPG] Vladislav Namestnikov re-signs with the Jets (2 years, $2M AAV)

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
That's my Names!

Very happy to see 3rd line McPerrault2.0Jesus back in the lineup.

Plays a clean, steady, error-lite game with the hockey brain to keep up with most players and by all accounts is a coach's dream.

He's the Dylan DeMelo of forwards, and a great add for a reasonable price.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Bottom-6? This is your 1C that you are talking about after 55 gets traded!
I think the Jets will try hard to sign Scheifele, and equally as hard to trade Helle, as $ 9.5 - 10 mil is way too much for a Goalie. I think they will offer Scheifele around $ 8 mil per, over 5 years.(not more than 5yrs)

I do not know if the Jets view Scheifele as a problem like they did with Wheeler, but I don't think so. We need a guy like Scheifele at center ice. He's big, fast, with a great shot. Will depend if he wants to be here ? but I'd try to sign him first to an extension, and if we can't then trade him, as time spent in his last year here, erodes his trade value.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Love this signing, really like Names' game and his versatility.

Man, I don't hate our roster going into this season honestly. Without the Dubois distraction and with Bones having another go at getting everything organized the way he wants, along with the leadership situation being allowed to move forward... I feel like we might be positioned pretty well.

Now if they could convince Scheif and Helle to stick around, and maybe clear out a bit of room on the defense we might be in really good shape

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Great pick up for a 4th rounder in 2025!
I expect 30+ points from him next season.
How many bottom sixers do the Jets have that could hit 30 points?

Iafallo, Lowry. Namestnikov for sure. Barron, Kupari, Appleton maybe?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He fit in well last year. So I guess he might be our third line LW that can fill in at center.

I'm happy with this

Conner Scheifele Ehlers
Iaffalo Perfetti Vilardi
Name Lowry Nino
Barron Kupri Appelton

A couple of assumptions there, like Perfetti at 2C - but if they work out, that looks like a pretty solid lineup. And both Name and Vilardi can play C if necessary. Maybe Cole and Vilardi take turns at FO, one right, one left.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
A couple of assumptions there, like Perfetti at 2C - but if they work out, that looks like a pretty solid lineup. And both Name and Vilardi can play C if necessary. Maybe Cole and Vilardi take turns at FO, one right, one left.

That was the general idea. Have each take draws on their strong side. They can also switch responsibilities within game as needed.

I'm juat going off of Chevy's presser where he strongly implied Cole would get a shot at C this year.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We're about to have our most skilled bottom 6 since 2018. Pretty neat, me thinks.

Question marks at C aside, I'm beginning to like the look of the top 6 too. Adding Niederreiter and Vilardi is a big improvement.

It could be a house of cards if top 6 C doesn't work out. But that remains unknown. So far, we still have Scheif and 2-3 candidates for 2C.

Goal also remains a question mark. At least we have backup covered.

D is flawed, but adequate for now. Sanheim could fix that. He plays the right side. Not sure about the cost of acquisition though.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Question marks at C aside, I'm beginning to like the look of the top 6 too. Adding Niederreiter and Vilardi is a big improvement.

It could be a house of cards if top 6 C doesn't work out. But that remains unknown. So far, we still have Scheif and 2-3 candidates for 2C.

Goal also remains a question mark. At least we have backup covered.

D is flawed, but adequate for now. Sanheim could fix that. He plays the right side. Not sure about the cost of acquisition though.

Sanheim's NTC has now kicked in so we likely aren't in the mix for him any longer

Reactions: thereturn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad