Proposal: Wpg-stl

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
We are not in the position to deal Little. This goes especially for the following teams: STL, NSH, CHI, COL, DAL, MIN.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
The only reason I can think of for this proposal is that they think Wpg will have trouble signing Little. Otherwise no need for this trade.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
The only reason I can think of for this proposal is that they think Wpg will have trouble signing Little. Otherwise no need for this trade.

The purpose is to get the age of our core players; especially replaceable ones (like little) all around the same age.

Brian Little is still a 1C but may start his decline sooner rather than later.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Little is clearly better now, also becomes a UFA at year end.

Robby will likely be better in a 2-3 years.

Not sure either team does this trade. Only reason Blues consider it imo if they see their window is now and only reason Jets consider it is cap reasons.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
From a Jets fan point of view, I honestly think that Little brings more value by staying with the team than the value we would have in return if we trade him, meaning I don't think he could land Fabbri as most of STL fans say no.

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Big NO from this Blues fan. Its a pending UFA for a 21 year old with 5 cost-controlled years left. Little is the better player now, but Fabbri should be getting better. Little is a C now, but we are going to try to transition Fabs to C this year. He was always a C, and it was his choice to play wing for first 2 years to get acclimated to the speed of the NHL. While Little is absolutely a C and absolutely the better player now, Fabbri has shown flashes of being better. If he can bring that level of play with consistency (and there is no reason to think he can't), he'll be as good or better than Little relatively soon. And I like Little. I'd like to sign him as a UFA as a Stastny replacement or if our internal options at 2C don't pan out. I just don't want to trade a guy who is a season or two from being a 60-point C himself, and is still on his ELC for a guy we can take a stab at in a year for nothing.

As for this year, I'd take the gamble on you guys missing the playoffs and being sellers at the deadline anyway. I'll give rental price then if we need a C.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Lol absolutely not from the Blues. Both are injury prone, I'd rather take the guy with less mileage. Fabbri is already better than Little was at the same age (21), and anyone who watches him knows that his star is quickly rising. We already have enough vets, there's literally no point in trading youth (easily the best U23 player we have) for another aging, injury-prone vet - we already have Stastny, Berglund, and Steen to fill that role.

If you want to trade Little for Stastny or Berglund though, we're all ears.

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009
Lol absolutely not from the Blues. Both are injury prone, I'd rather take the guy with less mileage. Fabbri is already better than Little was at the same age (21), and anyone who watches him knows that his star is quickly rising. We already have enough vets, there's literally no point in trading youth (easily the best U23 player we have) for another aging, injury-prone vet - we already have Stastny, Berglund, and Steen to fill that role.

If you want to trade Little for Stastny or Berglund though, we're all ears.

Little had 31 goals in his draft +3. Fabbri had 11.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Our core is young enough and has a great supporting cast coming up. I don't think that I'd want to trade Fabs for Little. Not an awful basis for a trade but I don't think someone like Fabbri is someone that we are wanting to trade to a divisional rival. Would also like to see if he is able to make the transition to C like he is supposed to, if not hopefully Schenn will successfully.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
This would be a Terrible deal for the blues. Fabbri is a young and upcoming talent that is gonna be cheaper and more valuable on the blues roster for the next 5-7 years. He has 1st line potential and has shown how good he can be at times (last year's playoffs). Little is too old, a ufa(will want a l9ng term deal into his 30s) and is too injury prone to rely on. He also isn't a good enough get to build around as your number one center.

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
Although I rate Little highly & think he's vastly underrated this would be awful cap management from a Blues point of view . Fabbri's best years are still ahead of him & if he can avoid injuries will be a vital part of our core for the next decade .
Makes no sense for either team as little is vital for pegs success this season ( both teams make playoffs in my humble opinion .)
Really poorly thought out trade by OP .

Tre

Jun 23, 2017
How about Byfuglien and Wheeler for Tavaris? Less penalties,frees cap and more scoring?

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Little is clearly better now, also becomes a UFA at year end.

Robby will likely be better in a 2-3 years.

Not sure either team does this trade. Only reason Blues consider it imo if they see their window is now and only reason Jets consider it is cap reasons.

Maybe if the Blues add Thorburn to the deal.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
There are a lot of good arguments that you could have made in support of Little over Fabbri. Cherry-picking an outlier doesn't help your position.

Still choose Little at that stage of development.

Fabbri hasn't proven enough for me to flat out say he is better than Little right now or will be better than Little ever was.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
There are a lot of good arguments that you could have made in support of Little over Fabbri. Cherry-picking an outlier doesn't help your position.

It wasn't his argument. He was countering the ridiculous argument that Fabbri was better than Little at the same age

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
This would be a Terrible deal for the blues. Fabbri is a young and upcoming talent that is gonna be cheaper and more valuable on the blues roster for the next 5-7 years. He has 1st line potential and has shown how good he can be at times (last year's playoffs). Little is too old, a ufa(will want a l9ng term deal into his 30s) and is too injury prone to rely on. He also isn't a good enough get to build around as your number one center.

This Little is injury prone thought is pretty unfounded.
Games played in his NHL career
79,79,76,74,48*,82,70, 57, 59

He missed a total of 20 games in his first 4 seasons.
Went back to back years with no games missed and then missed 12 3 years ago.

The injuries from the last 2 years could and do happen to anyone.
2015-16 was a bad luck stumble where he got hit while falling.
The knee on knee in 2016-17 would have injured anyone.
It's like people say someone is injury prone as if other players would not have sustained injuries from those situations.

That being said...
Don't make a trade like this within your division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad