Confirmed Trade: [WPG/SEA] Mason Appleton for 2023 4th round pick

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Interesting to see Appleton be moved. I thought he had looked great one the Appleton-Gourde-Blackwell line but I guess with Blackwell gone, maybe they thought moving Appleton made sense. Not sure why he fetched lesser than Lauzon but might be easier for me to figure out string theory than how the GM's work in the deadline.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Appleton was awesome on the lowry line last year, stoked to get him back.

I could still easily see Copp moved tomorrow, Appleton is just someone who fits like a glove in the bottom 6 for us and is available for cheap. Not to mention they only had 2 RH forwards before bringing him back tonight.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
This doesn't mean much. We called up a Moose last night to join the roster, which would have removed either Copp or Stastny from the lineup, but Lowry got stuck in roro protocol this morning and we had to ice both. Winnipeg always liked Appleton, and it's no-brainer to take him back since he's underperforming in Seattle. It doesn't mean we're buying, and it doesn't mean we're selling, but it looks like we were going to sell regardless.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I'm cool with it. Hopefully a 1st, 2nd and maybe some mid range picks coming our way tomorrow with Copp and Stats out the door. Maybe spend another mid round pick to pick up a bottom 6 guy for the push.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I'll use any excuse to post this gif.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad