Proposal: WPG - PIT

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
It would be a starting point for sure. Its hilarious how our fellow Jets fans think we are going to pull off the biggest deal in history for a soon to be UFA defenceman who wants out.

I don't think that "we are going to pull off the biggest deal in history"... but I'm pretty sure that a young, top-pairing RHD with stellar scoring metrics will return more than an aging, under-performing UFA center plus a mid-to-late 1st rounder.

Trouba is not a deadline rental. I expect his return to reflect this fact.

Reactions: Snowman

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
7.6m for 2 more years for a 50 point dominant dman?

Looks like an amazing contract to me
and the Pens can't afford it.

you know, sometimes teams don't wanna do deals because they can't afford the acquisition, not because they think the player is overrated or overpaid. no need to take it personal, Jets fans. good god.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't think that "we are going to pull off the biggest deal in history"... but I'm pretty sure that a young, top-pairing RHD with stellar scoring metrics will return more than an aging, under-performing UFA center plus a mid-to-late 1st rounder.

Trouba is not a deadline rental. I expect his return to reflect this fact.

A late first and an expiring UFA?

That's horrible value.

I'd add it to the list for sure. If someone beats it then you go with that but given the Pens situation it's all they really have to offer.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd add it to the list for sure. If someone beats it then you go with that but given the Pens situation it's all they really have to offer.

So you're telling me that you would trade away Trouba BEFORE our playoff run to acquire a UFA center who would probably play on our 4th line, and a mid-to-late 1st?

I wouldn't be adding that offer to any list, if I were you.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Why not? We'd have a pretty good defense with that trade. I also think Tanev would fit our style of play like a glove. Spacek is a pretty good prospect too.

Dumoulin - Letang
Myers - Schultz
Pettersson - Riikola
Oleksiak,Johnson

You're looking at almost $5.4m in cap hit as a healthy scratch and 64 combined NHL games in the 3rd pairing. Not a great combo.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So you're telling me that you would trade away Trouba BEFORE our playoff run to acquire a UFA center who would probably play on our 4th line, and a mid-to-late 1st?

I wouldn't be adding that offer to any list, if I were you.

Never said when I would trade him. Would likely be in the off season. You take in all offers and go from there. Tweak, add and subtract where necessary. It would be a good starting point. I know you're trying to bait me into an argunent by putting words in my mouth. It's not working.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'll drive Brass to Winnipeg as soon as I get off work. I have to drive to Pittsburgh first. It'll be a little while.

Likely wouldn't be during the season. Off season move at the earliest unless some offer comes by that makes us better right now which is unlikely IMO.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Never said when I would trade him. Would likely be in the off season. You take in all offers and go from there. Tweak, add and subtract where necessary. It would be a good starting point. I know you're trying to bait me into an argunent by putting words in my mouth. It's not working.

I'm not trying to bait you into anything, I'm just shocked that you would trade Trouba for UFA rights and a late first...

UFA rights are pretty much worthless, and we probably won't be able to afford Brassard without giving someone else up anyways. Which means that you would take a late first for Trouba, which is a shockingly low return IMO.

If your scenario included moving out other pieces (like Little or Lowry) and having Brassard play 2/3 C, then that's understandable, but I would just take a run at him on July 1st and not trade low on Trouba.

PIT and WPG don't make good trading partners IMO.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Buff is too important on the ice and as a team leader. Pitts would have to pay more. Maybe something like:

Maata, Brassard, Addison, 1st
for
Buff, Petan

Even then, I still think Chevy says No Thank You.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Buff is too important on the ice and as a team leader. Pitts would have to pay more. Maybe something like:

Maata, Brassard, Addison, 1st
for
Buff, Petan

Even then, I still think Chevy says No Thank You.

To me it has nothing to do with values.....trading Buff simply isn’t an option unless we’re getting a young top pairing rhd back......which of course we wouldn’t be. Non starter to me

Reactions: mazmin and Snowman

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
To me it has nothing to do with values.....trading Buff simply isn’t an option unless we’re getting a young top pairing rhd back......which of course we wouldn’t be. Non starter to me

Agreed. If it doesn't help the Jets chances ti win a Cup right now, then it's a negative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad