Confirmed Trade: [WPG/OTT] Zach Sanford for 2022 5th round pick

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Sanford and Appleton replacing Copp and Stastny if theyre moved? Or are the Jets still shooting for playoffs?

han316

Feb 6, 2013
Chevy trying to be a buyer and a seller... Obviously still thinks there is a chance this team can make it into the playoffs.

1647888295811.png

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I have a feeling Sanford might fit in well with the Jets.

He has trouble with being engaged but if he’s used right he has all the tools to be a good bottom six forward.

You see the flashes every once in awhile with the Senators. You just have to get those flashes to come out more often.

Reactions: hn777

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Sanford and Appleton replacing Copp and Stastny if theyre moved? Or are the Jets still shooting for playoffs?
I like the Appleton deal, but the Sanford deal is just a stupid waste of assets and cap.
We have Svechnikov, Vesalainen, Harkins, and Toninato on the LW… why do we need Sanford?

Reactions: WolfgangPuck

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I like the Appleton deal, but the Sanford deal is just a stupid waste of assets and cap.
We have Svechnikov, Vesalainen, Harkins, and Toninato on the LW… why do we need Sanford?
I mean it's a 5th rd pick, hardly an asset. Sanford brings size and physicality to that bottom 6

Reactions: hn777

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Lol so, Ottawa are 8 Logan Brown games from having traded

Logan Brown + 4th round pick vs 5th round pick

Yikes. I know Sanford is not a top 6 player, but why would they get rid of him for so little?

Reactions: asd1

h2

Mar 26, 2002

Yikes. I know Sanford is not a top 6 player, but why would they get rid of him for so little?

This is not something new, it's been like this for years with Dorion.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

I doubt he plays 8 of STL's 20 games, so it will likely end up being Brown+4th for a 5th. Yeesh.

Also, Sanford has not been very great. May add some value to WPG as he has some playoff experience, but he provided little to nothing on the ice for the sens. He just looked so disinterested all year. And the coach gave him plenty of opportunity in our Top 6 while Norris/Bath were out. Don't think he wanted to be in Ottawa, and I don't blame him.

Reactions: abo9

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
I have a feeling Sanford might fit in well with the Jets.

He has trouble with being engaged but if he’s used right he has all the tools to be a good bottom six forward.

You see the flashes every once in awhile with the Senators. You just have to get those flashes to come out more often.

I wouldn't count on it.

He has some nice tools, but has possibly the lowest hockey IQ of anyone that I have seen. At least that's the impression you get when you watch him. Either that, or he is the most lackadaisical player ever in the league.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Zack Sanford can actually be quite good in some games. But he is the poster boy of an inconsistent player who will never be able to take the next step because of that. But he could be valuable if he catches a lightning in a bottle during the playoffs, for example.

Jesus Chevy. Waste of a pick and 2M in cap space.

Nobody has any pity for Sens fans or what? We have the worst ownership and management in the league (maybe coaching too?), let us have our (small) victories!

Dorion acquired Sanford for Logan Brown (11th OA pick in 2016, a draft pick Dorion used a 3rd round pick to move up from the 12th spot lol) and basically a 4th (Blues will find a way to not meet the condition on the pick)

Pierre Dorion seems like a super top notch guy, but he has no idea what asset management is. I don't think he was "made" to be a manager, he just got the job because he is Melnyk's yes man and doesn't cost much compared to other GMs.

Sens are one of the best drafting teams in the league (prone to DUD drafts though, like 2021) but absolutely awful in every other facets. It's a blasphemy that the Sens aren't already much better with all the u-26 talent they have, like it's ridiculous (admittedly injuries played a big negative role this season)

Last edited:
Reactions: asd1

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Zack Sanford can actually be quite good in some games. But he is the poster boy of an inconsistent player who will never be able to take the next step because of that. But he could be valuable if he catches a lightning in a bottle during the playoffs, for example.

Nobody has any pity for Sens fans or what? We have the worst ownership and management in the league (maybe coaching too?), let us have our (small) victories!

Dorion acquired Sanford for Logan Brown (11th OA pick in 2016, a draft pick Dorion used a 3rd round pick to move up from the 12th spot lol) and basically a 4th (Blues will find a way to not meet the condition on the pick)

Pierre Dorion seems like a super top notch guy, but he has no idea what asset management is. I don't think he was "made" to be a manager, he just got the job because he is Melnyk's yes man and doesn't cost much compared to other GMs.

Sens are one of the best drafting teams in the league (prone to DUD drafts though, like 2021) but absolutely awful in every other facets. It's a blasphemy that the Sens aren't already much better with all the u-26 talent they have, like it's ridiculous (admittedly injuries played a big negative role this season)
What’s Sanford like when he is playing well? I think all my knowledge of his comes from 2019 Stanley cup finals, I remember him stepping in and playing well as a big fast physical winger in that series.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What’s Sanford like when he is playing well? I think all my knowledge of his comes from 2019 Stanley cup finals, I remember him stepping in and playing well as a big fast physical winger in that series.

He's more engaged, can make plays, battle hard for a puck, can score a goal. But he can also be a total passenger in too many games, that's his problem

Reactions: grentthealien

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad