Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Nathan Beaulieu re-signs with the Jets (2 years, $1.25M AAV)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
How has he looked in WPG? Is he a bottom pair guy? He was awful at first with Buffalo, but then looked like an NHL defenseman before being traded.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
How has he looked in WPG? Is he a bottom pair guy? He was awful at first with Buffalo, but then looked like an NHL defenseman before being traded.

Beens a decent bottom pairing guy and fights. I’m ok with this deal.

Reactions: hn777

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Chevy's UFA is a bit underwhelming... no discount for Stats and now Beaulieu instead of Brendan Dillon I guess

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Good signing added bonus it slides niku further down the ld depth charts to 5th.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
He looks like a #6 or #7 D who'll fight a few times a year (something the Jets don't really have). I expected $1M or less for one year so this is a bit more money and term than I thought he'd get but it's not terrible.

Chevy still needs to get another top 4 defenseman if the team is going to compete for more than a first round exit next year, even if it's a stopgap solution like Stastny is at C. Hopefully he's not done

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
I'm ok with this deal, but I hope Chevy isn't counting on two rookies playing D next year.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
He will fit as expansion player, but well it was a little bit bloody?

googleIsMyFriend

Dec 6, 2016
Solid depth piece. Physical. Thought he was decent to good in the playoffs. Fair deal.

I agree, solid deal. Sometimes you need to pay little more to keep depth players but it will pay off in the end. Jets will need this guy.

Anyway, it was such a big mistake NOT to sign Chiarot for 3million or whatever he gets now. Lesson learned i hope. Keeping a BooBoo is a right choice.

Reactions: hn777

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I agree, solid deal. Sometimes you need to pay little more to keep depth players but it will pay off in the end. Jets will need this guy.

Anyway, it was such a big mistake NOT to sign Chiarot for 3million or whatever he gets now. Lesson learned i hope. Keeping a BooBoo is a right choice.

3 years x 3.5 million was too steep for a D-man that had to be carried by Byfuglien. He was phyiscal and developed pretty well from his original self, but no thank you at that price.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Teams need depth D-men. 1.25 AAV may be a slight overpay given the way things are going this year, but it’s not the end of the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad