Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Nate Thompson signs with the Jets (1 year, $750K)

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Was fine in 4th line role in Montreal, Philly over played him as did LAK.

He's a 10-11 minute player. Anything more than that & his flaws become too apparent.

All round good guy with a real enthusiasm for the game. He should help the Jets dressing room, if nothing else.
I love it when comments like this are made.

If Nate Thompson played 3 minutes a game for the flyers, he would have found a way to concede a goal.

He is by far the worst forward I have seen the flyers play since Mike York.

Reactions: Vikke

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You have no idea what you are in for

???

I'm a Habs fan not an oilers fan, I actually watched him play a hell of a lot more than you...

I didn't say he would be a game changer, only that he's a good guy to have on your 4th line.

I don't give a f*** if PHI wants to scapegoat Nate Thompson for their playoff failings when their star players were what cost them - he's still an effective grinding 4th line C.

This place is so misinformed these days.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I love it when comments like this are made.

If Nate Thompson played 3 minutes a game for the flyers, he would have found a way to concede a goal.

He is by far the worst forward I have seen the flyers play since Mike York.

That was in Philly. Like I said, he wasn't that disastrous in Montreal. It didn't work there, got it. Several posters made that obvious

Just because you guys hate him doesn't mean everyone does.

Glad he got a contract.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Don't watch him much but this thread is not encouraging
If used properly which is win a face off and get off the ice asap, penalty kill, and minimal time on 5x5 you can get away with Nate but NEVER be happy with him. On Flyers he was so misused playing against Suzuki and Barzal lines. He had zero chance of success.

Reactions: jetsforever

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
If he played the way he plays in October & November through the whole season, he'd be a solid 3rd line center. He can be a lacklustre 4C after Christmas.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
???

I'm a Habs fan not an oilers fan, I actually watched him play a hell of a lot more than you...

I didn't say he would be a game changer, only that he's a good guy to have on your 4th line.

I don't give a f*** if PHI wants to scapegoat Nate Thompson for their playoff failings when their star players were what cost them - he's still an effective grinding 4th line C.

This place is so misinformed these days.

Strawman much?

Nate was awful, but thats ok because the star players were bad. Delusional much?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Strawman much?

Nate was awful, but thats ok because the star players were bad. Delusional much?

It isn't a Strawman, you claim Thompson was terrible yet you have multiple posts in your history praising Thompson throughout the playoffs and ripping on your star players.

You incorrectly assumed I was a delusional oilers fan because I liked the signing but didn't realize I was just a Habs fan who appreciated his game. Then you tried to mock me for being uninformed when really it was you who was uninformed.

He didn't fit with PHI, but I also think it's pretty sad to follow player threads around acting like everyone else is a fool for saying good things about him when you watched him for a handful of games.

Enough with the "much? much?" and laughing emoji's. I'm entirely uninterested in arguing with you.

The post I made that you initially mocked was simply saying he was a good pickup at 750k because even if he's the 13th forward it's a negligible cap hit and he can play a grindy 4th line game. I fully stand by that.

Reactions: RustyCat

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
It isn't a Strawman, you claim Thompson was terrible yet you have multiple posts in your history praising Thompson throughout the playoffs and ripping on your star players.

You incorrectly assumed I was a delusional oilers fan because I liked the signing but didn't realize I was just a Habs fan who appreciated his game. Then you tried to mock me for being uninformed when really it was you who was uninformed.

He didn't fit with PHI, but I also think it's pretty sad to follow player threads around acting like everyone else is a fool for saying good things about him when you watched him for a handful of games.

Enough with the "much? much?" and laughing emoji's. I'm entirely uninterested in arguing with you.

The post I made that you initially mocked was simply saying he was a good pickup at 750k because even if he's the 13th forward it's a negligible cap hit and he can play a grindy 4th line game. I fully stand by that.

Holy sensitive insecurities batman....

I have no issue if you appreciate pretty awful NHL players who are an absolute detriment to their team when on the ice.

What does it matter that I praised him in some games. He made a good play every now and again. He also made 100 awful plays that cost the Flyers multiple goals during the playoffs.

If you aren't interested in debate. Stop getting so sensitive and replying

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Great deal. I thought he would get 1 - 1.5m x 2 years or something.

Really solid guy to have centering your fourth line and taking defensive faceoffs, and for that price, it really doesn't matter if he's the 13th forward or in the lineup.

He's awful

Was fine in 4th line role in Montreal, Philly over played him as did LAK.

He's a 10-11 minute player. Anything more than that & his flaws become too apparent.

All round good guy with a real enthusiasm for the game. He should help the Jets dressing room, if nothing else.

He wasn't

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I don't know WPG roster but Thompson was a staple on the Habs 4th line. Took important face-offs and he has good size. Looked not as great with the Flyers, IMO, so I don't know what you guys are getting exactly.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He's awful

He won 60% of his faceoffs and was averaging over two hits a game. What else are you expecting him to do as a 4th line centre in the playoffs?

If you signed him for offence or shutting down other teams top players, that’s on your coaching staff and management, not him.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
He won 60% of his faceoffs and was averaging over two hits a game. What else are you expecting him to do as a 4th line centre?

If you signed him for offence or shutting down other teams top players, that’s on your coaching staff, not him.

Not concede a goal scoring opportunity everytime he was on the ice because he was out of position?

Reactions: Amorgus

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
He won 60% of his faceoffs and was averaging over two hits a game. What else are you expecting him to do as a 4th line centre in the playoffs?

If you signed him for offence or shutting down other teams top players, that’s on your coaching staff and management, not him.
FO%.. such an overated stat anyways. Depends on so many differents variables.

People put way too much importance to that stat.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Great deal. I thought he would get 1 - 1.5m x 2 years or something.

Really solid guy to have centering your fourth line and taking defensive faceoffs, and for that price, it really doesn't matter if he's the 13th forward or in the lineup.

Hes arguably the worst player in the NHL.

Reactions: Amorgus

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Nate 'Face-off, get off' Thompson

Good when used right. Bad when used more than that.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Use him on faceoffs and PK because he doesn't have to move much and the occasional 4th line shift and he'll be fine, unless the wingers on your 4th line are also slow as f***.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad