Confirmed Trade: [WPG/MTL] Sean Monahan for 2024 1st round pick and conditional 2027 3rd round pick (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I said my top offer was Habs 2nd pick, this is a bit better then the Habs 2nd rd pick but not much. Jets missed out on Lindholm who was their top choice, their plan A. As I stated Monahan was more of a plan B or C trade and thats what happened.

Best thing about this, is the Jets can add other pieces bc Monahan low cap hit. So while I would of sooner paid max Habs 2nd, it really depends for me what does Chevy do with the rest of the Jets available cap space. If he uses it and adds 1-2 more players then I'll be very happy. If all we add is Monahan, that would be disappointing TDL. We have a lot of cap space, use it Chevy.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
An over payment but the market for centres was thin. May have been better off with lesser known centre.

Regardless this addresses the Jets need for C depth and the cap hit is good. Not a bad trade by any means. Plus, Bones might work his magic and help him turn into a more effective 2-way player.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
The Jets 1st will be in 28-32 range... pretty much as good as a 2nd rounder.

Nice add for Jets. He's got a high IQ and will help the struggling PP
That would require them to get through both Dallas and Colorado to make the conference finals. Much more likely to be low-mid 20s.

Reactions: Guess

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This is far from a bargain lol. Thiis is Ben Chariot trade level bad from Winnipeg.
Monahan is still good 2/3rd line C with size/face-off ability/high hockey IQ. Might have lost a step but Jets first is going to be low, just like the Panthers pick was for Chiarot.

Reactions: Kimota

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
No salary retention is huge!! Now habs fans can dangle around another scrub at 50% for another first on the mainboards hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad