Confirmed with Link: [WPG] Laurent Brossoit signs with the Jets (1 year, $1.75M)

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Just in time to get a sub .900 sv% from him. Seeing as he does it every second year.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Very happy with this! I feel like we got the best 25-30 start goalie on the market.

Am still wondering if this makes it more or less likely we sign Hellebuyck??? Feels like each is equally likely.

Could still him being traded & getting a lesser guy to platoon with LB. But really, the only guys out there on the trade block that would fit the bill for me would be Vanacek and one of Swayman/Ullmark.

Brossoit could be a 1A/1B goalie with the goalie we get back from a Hellebuyck trade, like Luukkonen. Hard to say honestly if Hellebuyck is staying or going. Pittsburgh is now out with the Jarry signing and Dreger earlier said that NJ is likely going with lesser goalies this year.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Glad to see Bro Swat back. Delia is now listed on the AHL roster by CF. Also good to see.

Reactions: Buffdog

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Honestly, I don't think Helle stays to be with his buddy. He will stay or he will go regardless of what Brossoit does or doesn't do.

I don't think he was signed to be the starter either. I think he is the backup for whoever we get as starter, Helle or his replacement.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Totally agree, as I just cannot see the Jets paying Helle $ 9.5 mil per year. Maybe they would go $ 7.5, and 8 mil tops on Helle, but he wants way more. I think a trade is incoming shortly on Helle.

I do think they try to resign Scheifele tho, in the range of about $ 8 mil per season over 5 years, and no longer than that.

Also possible , both get traded -- should be interesting, but I can't see the Jets keeping Helle around considering his asking price.

I've always liked Brossoit, but he seems to play better as a backup.

If Helle decides to back off a bit he still gets 9.

If Scheif settles for only 5 years (or even 6) he gets 9, or close to it.

IMHO

6x9 for each of them. 1 year too long for each of them, just like Wheeler's last contract. Front load them a bit and give any signing bonuses early so that buying out the last year is cheap and easy on both parties. Bob's your uncle. Plan the parade.

Just in time to get a sub .900 sv% from him. Seeing as he does it every second year.

Nope. He did the sub 900 in the PO for Vegas. He is now due for 920. :D:thumbu:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Brossoit could be a 1A/1B goalie with the goalie we get back from a Hellebuyck trade, like Luukkonen. Hard to say honestly if Hellebuyck is staying or going. Pittsburgh is now out with the Jarry signing and Dreger earlier said that NJ is likely going with lesser goalies this year.

Hope it is not UPL. I would rather have Comrie.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Yeah, Pittsburgh is out for sure. Ottawa, too (which was a longshot anyway, IMO). Detroit got Reimer and Lyon to go with Husso today. Carolina is bringing back all 3 goalies from last year :huh:

Maybe there's a chance Jersey re-engages later this summer. Buffalo also a possibility: they have Levi, UPL and Comrie as of now. Can't see that getting them to a playoff spot.

As of right now, feels like Hellebuyck stays and they try like hell to extend him if the season goes well.

Reactions: thereturn

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Helly is a Jet for next season until the Jets trade him. I still don't see the Jets extending Helly , more so at $9.5 million / year.
You don't trade for a new goalie at the trade dead-line. Helle gets traded this summer or he's a Jet all year and leaves for nothing.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
You don't trade for a new goalie at the trade dead-line. Helle gets traded this summer or he's a Jet all year and leaves for nothing.
He will never get a long term contract for 9 million plus with anybody unless he wins the Vezina, Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup. I don’t remember goalies being as under valued as they are now.

I hope he realizes this this sooner rather than later so that either he gives in and signs here or settles for less than he was hoping for with another club.

Reactions: GNP and thereturn

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Bring on the croissant memes @bustamente
Yup like this signing if only to use memes and gifs

cangrejo-perreador.gif

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
But I thought Hellys only goal was to win a cup now? Oh he meant get paid $9 million for 7 or 8 more years AND win a cup. Well a man can dream I guess.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I think this makes it more likely Helly stays a Jet. Organization just signed his best buddy to back him up.
Wasn’t Bro leaving because he wanted more playing time? He proved very capable in Vegas before getting injured.

I think the opportunity to earn a 1a/1b tandem when Helleybuyck is traded is what’s on the line here. Don’t think it’s a ploy to get Helleybuyck to rethink moving on.

If Helle does sign with the Jets for 9+ because the market outside of Winnipeg is soft then Brossoit likely moves on again next summer.

Reactions: Royale With Cheese

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Wasn’t Bro leaving because he wanted more playing time? He proved very capable in Vegas before getting injured.

I think the opportunity to earn a 1a/1b tandem when Helleybuyck is traded is what’s on the line here. Don’t think it’s a ploy to get Helleybuyck to rethink moving on.

If Helle does sign with the Jets for 9+ because the market outside of Winnipeg is soft then Brossoit likely moves on again next summer.
he's been hurt the past 2 seasons so the option to be a 1a/1b is likely behind him

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
He doesn't come back if WPG is an undesirable place to play. Time to quash that nonsense.
Unfortunately you have to play here to appreciate the city and community. The rest is crap stereotypes and ignorance about the place I love.

Edit: Only Winnipeggers can talk shit about Winnipeg.

Last edited:

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad