Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Laurent Brossoit re-signs with the Jets (1 year, $1.225M)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Very nice contract. Glad to see LB in a good situation. Hopefully he puts up great numbers and earns a longterm deal. Congrats Winnipeg on a good backup with tremendous upside signed to a great prove it deal.

Reactions: hn777 and DRW204

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Very nice contract. Glad to see LB in a good situation. Hopefully he puts up great numbers and earns a longterm deal. Congrats Winnipeg on a good backup with tremendous upside signed to a great prove it deal.
yup if he has a good year this season again, perhaps in an increased role (closer to 30 games+ maybe this year?), it'll set up nicely for him in UFA.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
yup if he has a good year this season again, perhaps in an increased role (closer to 30 games+ maybe this year?), it'll set up nicely for him in UFA.

If he posts another stellar season he deserves the opportunity to cash in. We hung him out of dry and ran him out of Edmonton.

I too was on board with the impatience crowd. Eating crow now

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
good deal, give comrie another year to develop and get a few callups to see if hes gonna be able to be an NHLer at some point.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I'd put Berdin higher than Comrie in the Jets' goalie depth chart at this point.

Yes I think Comrie’s time has come and gone.
Too bad for him but it’s hard to be one of the best 62 goalies in the world.
He just didn’t cut it when called upon.
I doubt the organization gives him another opportunity.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Great deal, best backup in the NHL last year.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Yes I think Comrie’s time has come and gone.
Too bad for him but it’s hard to be one of the best 62 goalies in the world.
He just didn’t cut it when called upon.
I doubt the organization gives him another opportunity.
I don't know if I'd take it that far. He's still probably going to play a minute or two with the Jets this season. Someone will get a pull or a sprain or a cough due to cold.

I do agree though, that he hasn't really shown us anything indicating his ability to be an NHL goaltender. But goalies are weird. A lot of them never get to the NHL at all before their mid-20's. As long as he's not in the way, I don't mind letting him stick around and keep ripening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad