Value of: WPG LAK

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
LAK looking for a top line scoring winger with speed.
WPG looking for a solid top 6 C and might re-sign Stastny in the interm but what if:

WPG-Gabe Vilardi

LAK- Kyle Connor

Connor is a 30G rookie who's only gotten better and proven at an NHL level. Vilardi is still unproven but there's no way the Jets get a top 6C prospect without giving something good up and taking a risk.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would imagine the Kings would like to keep their guy, largely for the same reason you want to acquire him. Kopitar and Carter aren’t getting any younger...

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
I would imagine the Kings would like to keep their guy, largely for the same reason you want to acquire him. Kopitar and Carter aren’t getting any younger...
Fair assessment. I do think both teams struggle to say yes, but they might both also struggle to say no.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
It would be long hard look from LA I think.

Would like to get Vilardi in camp before even thinking about this.

Value seems far as of now.

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Fair assessment. I do think both teams struggle to say yes, but they might both also struggle to say no.

Mmmm that is extremely tempting. Would be a tough decision. That would greatly fill our current need a top LW but then we would have to think about the fact that we are potentially giving up a #1 or #2 C when after Kopitar (30yrs old) and Carter (33yrs old) all we have is Kempe.

Would be tough for the Jets too because what happens if for some reason Vilardi is a bust.

:help:

Reactions: LAKings88

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Emphatic NO from Kings side. Connor is not the caliber of scorer we're looking for and Vilardi is too precious to lose. Bad hockey trade for LA.

We're looking for a proven 1st line offensive talent and we're not looking to part with Vilardi to do it. This deal is the opposite on both parts.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Kings say yes, jets say no

only in the hfworld is a 30g rookie in the nhl worth less than a C prospect that has never even hit 30 in juniors

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The most frustrating thing is we could have just drafted Connor (or Barzal :mad:) but instead we gave that 13thOA pick + Colin Miller + Martin Jones FOR ONE MOTHER F******* YEAR OF LUCIC :thumbd:

yeah thats pretty bad in hindsight. could be worse. the bruins passed on both of those guys three straight times, once with a kid who they could have had in the 2nd rd

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
This Kings fan takes the speedy Connor who immediately can play on our top line, plays a two way game and is only 21. This is the exact kind of player this team needs. But I always lean to proven over prospects

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Kings say yes, jets say no

only in the hfworld is a 30g rookie in the nhl worth less than a C prospect that has never even hit 30 in juniors
Speak for your team,it's a no from the Kings.Vilardi isn't being traded due to Kings needs at center.Something else would need to be agreed to if not oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad