Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets Sign Ville Heinola to ELC

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Uhhh a very very good d-man! One of the best in the league and I have no doubt that people will consider his contract to be one of the absolute best going into next season.

Honestly, people don't put nearly enough respect on his name.

His first name is spelt with 2 c's though.

Carolina is lucky to have him.

Two thirds of the way through this post you 100% had me. Well played.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Unless he has a huge development jump in the summer, I'd guess Liiga.

I think there is an out clause in his contract similar to Vesalainens. If he doesnt make the Jets he might try AHL and see how he likes it but will likely head back to Liiga.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
higher honestly, he looks solid and his numbers in a mens league are pretty nuts
Especially if we consider his numbers starting from December. A year ago, from December to draft, Kotkaniemi for example scored at a significantly lower pace than Heinola did this year, despite Heinola being a D, and Kotkaniemi went #3OA.

Perhaps Heinola's overall stats aren't so jaw-dropping, but just this year(calendar year 2019) he's well over a 0.5 PPG pace in Liiga, and I'd value improvement over the course of a season pretty highly.

But anyway, isn't 925k max for ELC? How are they giving him 1.1mil? Are they breaching the CBA?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Especially if we consider his numbers starting from December. A year ago, from December to draft, Kotkaniemi for example scored at a significantly lower pace than Heinola did this year, despite Heinola being a D, and Kotkaniemi went #3OA.

Perhaps Heinola's overall stats aren't so jaw-dropping, but just this year(calendar year 2019) he's well over a 0.5 PPG pace in Liiga, and I'd value improvement over the course of a season pretty highly.

But anyway, isn't 925k max for ELC? How are they giving him 1.1mil? Are they breaching the CBA?

exactly, its a bit surprising.

even going by the entire year PPG it doesnt look right that he was 20th
.51 on forward
to
.41 on defense

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Performance bonuses are included in the reported AAV, but aren't applied towards the cap unless obtained.

It's not that straightforward. They count in full against Club's Averaged Club Salary until they become impossible to earn. For the biggest part the Performance Bonuses are technically possible to obtain until the Game 82 has ended: If you have 5+12 going into the Game 82 you still can score the missing 15+23 plus some points to breach 60 if you try like real hard.

The unearned bonus doesn't count against Club's Actual Club Salary... for certain purposes. It's really a mess.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I think that clause comes automatically with the transfer agreement.
No, it needs to be asked and negotiated for. It's the CBA 11.19 European Assignment clause where the player gets to pick the overseas team he will be loaned to instead of AHL (if he is under existing IIHF contract it's obviously that one).

I think they sign every promising youngster in Finland for 3 years at 17 so they'll get the transfer fee if/when they leave to NHL, but only a select few ask for this clause.

But there apparently is another clause in the TA similar to the one with CHL, where you have to offer 18-19 y.o. non-first-rounder back to the European team if he doesn't make the NHL roster and would be Loaned to AHL. This is the Club's option, not the player's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad