Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets re-sign Paul Stastny (1 year, $3.75M)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I wonder if this confirms/hints that Copp is being traded.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
What's with people saying we have trouble finding C's?

We have Scheifele - PLD - Lowry down the middle, likely for another half decade at least. Copp is also a C (if he stays), as are Perfetti and Lucius. We have no problem down the middle.
4th line is a year-by-year thing. I didn't mind Thompson/Lewis/Perreault, since they were probably the best 4th line we've ever iced, but that's super easy to change.

Reactions: banks

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I like this deal a lot. I wanted Stast to stay but I was worried about the term the Jets might give him.

1 year is perfect!

Well done Jets!

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
Tbf we have as well sometimes:laugh:.

Lets hope we don't need Stastny at C next year lol.

Yeah, he hasn't quite meshed how you'd think he would, you guys arguably have the best top 6 wingers in the league or atleast top 3, so he has no lack of talent flanking him.

He did have that phase in Columbus where he just floated around the rink earlier in the year probably whispering to himself "trade me", also the long quarantine as well. Those definitely could of effected his play this year.

I feel like Jets fans will see a much improved player this year anyway.

Reactions: MardyBum

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I figure that out of the 3.75M, 2.75M is for what he will bring on the ice, and 1M is for what he'll bring in the room (gud vet).

Hopefully chevy has clued into the fact that your veteran leadership guys can also be good hockey players

Reactions: hn777

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
Pretty solid 3C vet solution for reasonable money. If Jets fail to be a play-off team (seems unlikely but who knows) he can deliver some later picks at the deadline. Good job by the GM.

Reactions: banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad