Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets re-sign Logan Stanley (2 years, $900k AAV)

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
Seems like a really good deal. He was a major nuisance to play against in pretty much all our games vs the Jets.

Reactions: hn777

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
He could become a top4 D rather quickly. Great deal for Winnipeg.

I'm still cautious with him. He played well on the 3rd pairing but saw little to no high end competition. He played against 3rd and 4th liners and bottom pairing defencemen for the most part. I think he's a very effective 3rd pairing guy but the trade for Dillon and the Morrissey contract says to me the Jets don't think he's ready for top 4 minutes just yet.

This contract isn't really a surprise. He wasn't getting 1.5+ on 40 games of NHL experience that has largely been sheltered.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I'm still cautious with him. He played well on the 3rd pairing but saw little to no high end competition. He played against 3rd and 4th liners and bottom pairing defencemen for the most part. I think he's a very effective 3rd pairing guy but the trade for Dillon and the Morrissey contract says to me the Jets don't think he's ready for top 4 minutes just yet.

This contract isn't really a surprise. He wasn't getting 1.5+ on 40 games of NHL experience that has largely been sheltered.
So the Jets got a 900k player that over matches 3/4th liners, still has some room to grow and won't be thrown in over his head. Works for me.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I think Stanley at this salary is fair, if he were to get paid over $2M+ per season he will become a whipping boy real quick.
We’ll see how he plays now that he’ll not play sheltered minutes.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I think Stanley at this salary is fair, if he were to get paid over $2M+ per season he will become a whipping boy real quick.
We’ll see how he plays now that he’ll not play sheltered minutes.

As was stated it looks like he's starting on the 3rd pair with DeMelo.
DeMelo makes his partners better and insulates Stanley. They can do very well together as a 3rd pairing. The Jets D is way stronger heading into the season than Jets fans could have imagined so it will be nice to see how that boosts the forwards and overall play.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
So the Jets got a 900k player that over matches 3/4th liners, still has some room to grow and won't be thrown in over his head. Works for me.

Yeah I have no problem with the contract but I think people calling it a great deal or a discount are massively overrating him so far or remembering 2 goals in Game 4 against Montreal.

Reactions: mouser and MardyBum

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Signing for under a million helps the Jets cap situation now that the Jets have Dillion and Schmidt contracts on the books. Fair contract I would of been ok if he had sign for 1.2-3 million a year so it saves the Jets a small amount.

Time to resign Pionk long term now before arbitration and trade Copp for picks and use the Copp savings to sign a better back up goalie.

Reactions: Buffdog

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
This guy could have received a 1.3M offer sheet by any team with no compensation whatsoever.

I don't know who is more incompetent between Stanley's agent or the numerous GMs who would rather pay extravagant sums for pilons.

Sweet deal for the Jets.

Reactions: hn777 and NHL WAR

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Signing for under a million helps the Jets cap situation now that the Jets have Dillion and Schmidt contracts on the books. Fair contract I would of been ok if he had sign for 1.2-3 million a year so it saves the Jets a small amount.

Time to resign Pionk long term now before arbitration and trade Copp for picks and use the Copp savings to sign a better back up goalie.
Should have been done earlier. Don't get chevy never will. Appleton and brossoit is miles better then copp and comrie. But for some reason he is going to run with comrie if he can get copp signed under the cap. Don't wait for a copp trade. Only if he heads into arbitration will he likely trade copp. He sure likes to gamble on these goalies. 3 years ago he gambled on Hellebuyck and hutch and they weren't ready and the team missed the playoffs. Hellebuyck better not get injured.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
This guy could have received a 1.3M offer sheet by any team with no compensation whatsoever.

I don't know who is more incompetent between Stanley's agent or the numerous GMs who would rather pay extravagant sums for pilons.

Sweet deal for the Jets.
would have easily match so what would even be the point?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I don't think Stanley is ever going to be more than a career bottom pairing dman but that's cheap as hell even if he doesn't take that next step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad