Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] G Connor Hellebuyck signs extension with the Jets (7 years, $8.5M)

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The opinion of Montreal fans is at the top of my list :laugh:

Still a terrible f***ing deal that will bite your team on the ass for a long time, and that's a straight up fact

61VwEGY2HtL.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Heldig

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
With the Helle and Sheif signings, it appears the Jets are preparing for 7 years of mediocrity!
Better than preparing for 7 years of sucking shit without any guarantees at the end of it

I can come home 82 times this year and turn on the TV and watch a roster that has a good chance to win the game that night. As a fan, that's what I want

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Well thats perfectly fine. its possible he is still a very good goalie at that age. Thats not the issue.

You just shouldn’t say many goalies still are.
ok fair enough, I guess times have changed not long ago it was fairly normal for the most elite to play well late in their 30's and even early 40s
Ed Belfour is one that always stands out for me. guy was still amazing for the first 2 years of his time in Toronto I think he was 41 or 42 when he fell off

I just think in the tail end of his contract 8.5m likely will be what 5.5 or 6.5m is now. and goalies like Helle dont come cheap. I was kinda expecting 10m on the open market. imo this is great for WPG

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
ok fair enough, I guess times have changed not long ago it was fairly normal for the most elite to play well late in their 30's and even early 40s
Ed Belfour is one that always stands out for me. guy was still amazing for the first 2 years of his time in Toronto I think he was 41 or 42 when he fell off

I just think in the tail end of his contract 8.5m likely will be what 5.5 or 6.5m is now. and goalies like Helle dont come cheap. I was kinda expecting 10m on the open market. imo this is great for WPG
Great, you found one that retired 16-17 tears ago?

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Hellebuyck never had an "athletic" style, I would imagine he ages pretty well if he stays healthy. So he could still be a very good goalie by the end of that contract and even if he falls off a cliff at some point, I think that's a risk you take to get him for the first 4-5 years. Having a goalie like him brings a lot of stability to the position, you know on a good year he's in the Vezina conversation and even on an off year he's still above average.

I think it's a good signing for WPG, doesn't necessarily mean fans of other teams would have been happy if their team had done it, if that makes sense... but he's a WPG drafted career Jets guy who has been very good for them. He's like their Price/Rask/Rinne or something. You keep those guys if you can.

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
Before you get all wet over this,does the contract have a NMC or a NTC and what are the provisions?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Great, you found one that retired 16-17 tears ago?
I mean Craig Anderson just played at 39 while he didnt play too many games he wasnt terrible.
just saying if he can stay healthy I think he can be good later in his age.
also everyone keeps forgetting the cap is going up by the time we get to the age everyone is worried about 8.5m wont be crippling. it likely wont be much of an issue

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I mean Craig Anderson just played at 39 while he didnt play too many games he wasnt terrible.
just saying if he can stay healthy I think he can be good later in his age.
also everyone keeps forgetting the cap is going up by the time we get to the age everyone is worried about 8.5m wont be crippling. it likely wont be much of an issue
Besides, hopefully the last couple of years he will be an expensive backup mentoring Divicentiis by showing him his cup rings. :)

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Oof.
I know this viewpoint isn’t widely held, but I am not a fan, and I think that’s far too long for this guy and too much money. But that’s just me, and I know he is loved by many. Especially in Winnipeg.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Heh, the devs fans all bashed me. 3 games in, looks like they wish they had a legit goalie.

Def dont look like any type of contender
Imagine coming to a conclusion after 3 games into the season. Goaltending has nothing to do with the Devils skaters playing to their best ability.

You attempt to bash the Devils on here every chance you get , it's pretty embarassing lol.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Imagine coming to a conclusion after 3 games into the season. Goaltending has nothing to do with the Devils skaters playing to their best ability.

You attempt to bash the Devils on here every chance you get , it's pretty embarassing lol.
He knows the Rags are about to enter years of mediocrity. Bashing the Devils will be all he has soon. Better get used to it.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
He knows the Rags are about to enter years of mediocrity. Bashing the Devils will be all he has soon. Better get used to it.
He said "we wish we had a legit goalie". Meanwhile his stacked post trade deadline Rangers team got stonewalled by one with only like 20 NHL games under his belt lol. Gotta love it.

I see he deleted his post now haha. Trolled himself out of here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad