Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] F Brad Lambert signs ELC with the Jets (3 years, $950k AAV)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Good to hear, he was very good in the preseason

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
No it's still $925, this just includes signing bonus/maybe some others.
It's 950k now. Look at Slaf's contract. Apparently performance bonuses are up to 3.5 mil now. Used to be 2.85 mil, which is what Lafreniere got.

Signing bonus is part of the salary and can't exceed 10% of the salary max on an ELC. So salary is probably 855k and signing bonus is 95k, for a total of 950k. And then he probably has 250k in potential performance bonuses.

Edit: Brad Lambert Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
It's odd the the P bonus would be calculated in the avg when he's still has to meet the requirements.

This is normal for all contracts. The AAV includes Performance Bonuses.

Websites like CapFriendly have obscured this by calculating a “Cap Hit” for the contract without including those bonuses. But no such definition exists in the CBA.

If you visit CapFriendly and click on the AAV tab you’ll see the actual contract averages.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Speaking of ELC's, it's criminal that the limit almost certainly won't go up when the cap increases. Lambert isn't really a good example in this case, but when you've got players on ELC near the top of or leading their team in scoring but making less than the 7th d-man who sits in the press box every night ...

Young players in this league really need to get some representation on the NHLPA, because clearly the old boys network primary (as in, far and away #1) concern is perks for veteran players.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Speaking of ELC's, it's criminal that the limit almost certainly won't go up when the cap increases. Lambert isn't really a good example in this case, but when you've got players on ELC near the top of or leading their team in scoring but making less than the 7th d-man who sits in the press box every night ...

Young players in this league really need to get some representation on the NHLPA, because clearly the old boys network primary (as in, far and away #1) concern is perks for veteran players.
They get bonus money added for points scored. So they get more then the minimum and the 7 dmen sitting in press box.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
So they get more then the minimum and the 7 dmen sitting in press box.

True, but 7th dmen can also get bonuses and bonuses are not guaranteed nor even with them included reflect the true value of many players on ELCs.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Sick for 5 games now?
Probably, ever come down with a serious bout for anything? Covid is running rampant still and the winter flu season is in full swing. Some illnesses take you out for a while man lol

He only just started skating again, he should be good to go for the weekend

Reactions: hn777

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The COVID rolling around Winnipeg made a few of my friends and family members take hospital trips, including my brother and a friend of mine, both in their 30s. They were absolutely gassed 24/7 while sick and it turned into long COVID for both. Coach Bowness was sick with it for weeks and didn’t travel with the team. Whatever strain is floating around Winnipeg right now is really violent, I really hope Lambert doesn’t have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MardyBum

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The COVID rolling around Winnipeg made a few of my friends and family members take hospital trips, including my bother and a friend of mine, both in their 30s. They were absolutely gassed 24/7 while sick and it turned into long COVID for both. Coach Bowness was sick with it for weeks and didn’t travel with the team. Whatever strain is floating around Winnipeg right now is really violent, I really hope Lambert doesn’t have it.

Yeah i've had a few friends who were off work with Covid for a week with the same kind of dizzy spells Bowness was having, sleeping all day, and these were also people in their 30's.

Whatever illness he had he didn't skate for a week, just glad he's back on the ice.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
He’s looked good so far in a short period. Posters were saying he wouldn’t be a good junior player but he’s been able to produce in the A so far. Hope it continues, this could be a steal pick for Winnipeg.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He’s looked good so far in a short period. Posters were saying he wouldn’t be a good junior player but he’s been able to produce in the A so far. Hope it continues, this could be a steal pick for Winnipeg.
Those posters are idiots.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Those posters are idiots.
I wouldn’t have objected to sending him to junior for a year but I think they made the right call on this. He was already playing against men in the top league of his country and dominating junior probably wouldn’t have helped as much as playing the North American game against adult professionals.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad