Confirmed with Link: [WPG/ANA] Nic Kerdiles for De Leo

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
I like this trade alot should do great on the moose this year, plus if the moose pick up any more FAs should have another good team, The one man Armia trade barely dented the Jets depth!!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Could there be something position-related to this? Kerdiles is listed as a LW, which I don't think De Leo has played.

Opening C spots on the Moose? First Cormier gone and now this. Something is brewing.

:laugh:

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Interesting trade. Kerdiles was considered a pretty solid prospect a few years ago but has just been toiling away in the minors, not really getting much of a shot at the NHL and suffering through a plethora of injuries, including a really bad concussion last year.
He's a great skater, goods size and has some decent hands. His shot is his best asset as he's more of a scorer. Uses his size effectively to crash the net.

Could end up being a good pickup for us if he can stay healthy.
Sounds like the next Keaton Ellerby.

I'm guessing this was a favour to DeLeo. Kid's gonna be an AHL player for the majority of his career. Letting him play closer to home us a mercy. Shorter bus rides.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Aw, I liked De Leo
Probably wasn't going to work out, but at least he and Comrie were good friends (good for team chemistry)
Hopefully Kerdiles can amount to something

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Aw, I liked De Leo
Probably wasn't going to work out, but at least he and Comrie were good friends (good for team chemistry)
Hopefully Kerdiles can amount to something
He had some very good numbers in college but it hasn’t translated to the AHL game.

Reactions: jetsforever

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Kind of fun.

I used to be SUPER high on Kerdiles as prospect when he was coming up, but for some reason it just never worked for him at the NHL level. It still probably won’t but I’ll still very much enjoy watching a prospect I really like play for my AHL club.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Keridiles is 99.9% going to be a UFA after this year, unless he plays 77 games for the Jets this year. We had contract control of De Leo for 3 more years. So in AHL terms this is one year of Keridiles for possible 3 years of DeLeo. Either way they only have a half dozen N.H.L. games between them.

I liked Keridiles when he played for team U.S.A and when he left college early I thought he would be playing for the ducks within 2 years. Just never happened for him.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Keridiles is 99.9% going to be a UFA after this year, unless he plays 77 games for the Jets this year. We had contract control of De Leo for 3 more years. So in AHL terms this is one year of Keridiles for possible 3 years of DeLeo. Either way they only have a half dozen N.H.L. games between them.

I liked Keridiles when he played for team U.S.A and when he left college early I thought he would be playing for the ducks within 2 years. Just never happened for him.
Sorry about the bump but I was out of town when this trade was made and never had the chance to ask about him. But I remember Kerdiles being a really solid prospect. #36 overall and a pick made by an organization known for finding good value prospects past the obvious top of the draft picks. Then he went on to put up big numbers at the University of Wisconsin for a couple seasons post draft. He seemed to be a can't miss prospect at one point. From a distance it doesn't seem to have ever been given much of a chance with the Ducks. Far less than we have given similar level prospects in our organization.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Sounds like the next Keaton Ellerby.

I'm guessing this was a favour to DeLeo. Kid's gonna be an AHL player for the majority of his career. Letting him play closer to home us a mercy. Shorter bus rides.

Im thinking pretty much this. DeLeo was never going to crack the Jets and Kerdiles wasn't making Anaheim.

Using wrestling terminogy DeLeo has been a good hand for the Moose so give him an opportunity elsewhere while bringing in a player that IMO if healthy and depending on who is moved for cap reasons this season and next could be a decent bottom six fill iñ piece at worst.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sorry about the bump but I was out of town when this trade was made and never had the chance to ask about him. But I remember Kerdiles being a really solid prospect. #36 overall and a pick made by an organization known for finding good value prospects past the obvious top of the draft picks. Then he went on to put up big numbers at the University of Wisconsin for a couple seasons post draft. He seemed to be a can't miss prospect at one point. From a distance it doesn't seem to have ever been given much of a chance with the Ducks. Far less than we have given similar level prospects in our organization.

I don't think he would have been given any more opportunity here. He looked fine until leaving Wisconsin but his AHL performance hasn't rated any more opportunity than he has had. Last year was a little better but his scoring was not up to Lemieux level. Of course, that is just looking at the boxcars and there may be more in the details. But right now he is looking like a career AHL'er. This has got to be about the last chance for him to step up.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think he would have been given any more opportunity here. He looked fine until leaving Wisconsin but his AHL performance hasn't rated any more opportunity than he has had. Last year was a little better but his scoring was not up to Lemieux level. Of course, that is just looking at the boxcars and there may be more in the details. But right now he is looking like a career AHL'er. This has got to be about the last chance for him to step up.
You may be right, but I think a similar player in the Jets organization would be given more than a cup of coffee in the bigs being a high 2nd round pick and then posting 38 points in 28 games in the NCAA as a 20 y/o. It looks to me like I guy who couldn't find his way onto a veteran lineup and may still offer more than AHL fodder.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You may be right, but I think a similar player in the Jets organization would be given more than a cup of coffee in the bigs being a high 2nd round pick and then posting 38 points in 28 games in the NCAA as a 20 y/o. It looks to me like I guy who couldn't find his way onto a veteran lineup and may still offer more than AHL fodder.

Well its been 4 full seasons since his NCAA days. If he can't get enough TOI on his AHL team by now it is on him. He'd most likely have gotten more than that cup of coffee in the NHL if his AHL performance had warranted it. Ducks have been a little thin on LW for some time. His NCAA production looked very promising but he just hasn't been able to do much in the AHL.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
The Jets organization didn't give a similar player (Chase De Leo) more than a cup of coffee. Lemieux hasn't received a real look either.

Kerdiles NCAA production was encouraging, but neither he or his college linemates have been elite at the AHL level.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Seems like a good guy. Must be tough to leave his beachfront pad though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad