Speculation: Wow! We're less than a year away from Seattle Kraken and Coyotes move to the Central!

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I know the 2020-21 season has yet to start but does everyone realize we're less than a calendar year away from when the Seattle Kraken a suppose to join the NHL and the Arizona Coyotes move to the Central Division? Wow for sure.

The Coyotes are looking like a bit of a hot mess right now...

Who do the Hawks lose to the Kraken in the expansion draft?

I say one of Subban, Delia, Seabrook or Kampf...

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Isn’t there a rumor of a Canadian Division? Would that mean the Hawks could be part of an entirely new division?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Hopefully in longrun the Yotes end up in Houston

Would be nice to have a Houston/Dallas hockey rivalry
I think it's time for the Panthers to go to QC as well. They've been there forever, it's not happening. Both the Coyotes and the Panthers are not in viable hockey markets. Hell, Miami has a large Cuban expat population and the Marlins had a hard time drawing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Screw QC

Panthers were fine in Miami the mistake was moving to Sunrise and then that has been compounded by failure to build anything over last 20 years to draw fans

The Panthers were doing well playing in Miami

And Marlins issues are plenty but mostly are result of fans being stabbed in back and mistreated by ownership groups thru years especially Loria and the Guillen controversy hurt Marlins as well given the large # of Cubans that are Marlin fans

Reactions: Giovi

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Screw QC

Panthers were fine in Miami the mistake was moving to Sunrise and then that has been compounded by failure to build anything over last 20 years to draw fans

The Panthers were doing well playing in Miami

And Marlins issues are plenty but mostly are result of fans being stabbed in back and mistreated by ownership groups thru years especially Loria and the Guillen controversy hurt Marlins as well given the large # of Cubans that are Marlin fans
Loria and Huizenga are long gone from there. We'll see if Jeter's group can build some goodwill.
Ozzie should have known better than to say what he did, as the Cubans in Miami are vehemently anti-Castro, which is why they're there in the first place. I have f***ing autism and even I know you don't defend Castro in Miami.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Loria and Huizenga are long gone from there. We'll see if Jeter's group can build some goodwill.
Ozzie should have known better than to say what he did, as the Cubans in Miami are vehemently anti-Castro, which is why they're there in the first place. I have f***ing autism and even I know you don't defend Castro in Miami.

Jeter's first move was to screw over fans and give Stanton away to Yankees

That deal was abomination and should have had league step in to block it as it was so lopsided and questionable on every level (Seriously the Yankees were given a star for free)

Then add in Jeter's group lying to city officials/public about how the Marlins would operate

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
In terms of this upcoming season, if rumors of an all Canadian division are true, I'd have to imagine that the temporary division setup would be the following:

Canada: Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal
Pacific: Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, Vegas, Arizona, Colorado, Dallas, and Minnesota*
Central: Chicago, St. Louis*, Detroit, Columbus, Nashville, Carolina, Florida, and Tampa Bay
Atlantic: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Washington, Philadelphia, New Jersey, both New Yorks, and Boston

* I could see St. Louis or Minnesota in either the Central or Pacific, but my hunch would be to keep St. Louis in the Central over Minnesota.

As for the expansion draft, no clue who they leave protected or by how much we overpay for Seattle to not take someone that we want to keep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad