Proposal: would you trade up for Konecny?

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
I really like this kid.i think he would help us in so many ways.i would give up the islanders pick and our first pick in the second ?would you move up to grab him and what would it take

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Love his skill and skating. Down on his size and his concussion history. I would not be sure of picking him at 21 never mind trading more assets to get him.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Idk about Konecny. Would rather get a defenseman.

But I think that moving up, regardless of who the target is, will be difficult in this draft. I would love to move up if possible tho.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Nope. We have more of a need at Defense anyway and even if we pick another forward in that range, I don't see Konecny as someone worth giving up extra assets for. There are other players that I would consider trading up for if they drop, but a smallish forward with a concussion history and whose numbers didn't really improve compared to last season isn't one of them.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Only if he's last available from the group of "second tier" guys (the group after the big five). People will debate how many players are in that tier/how expansive it is. But if Murray has him in there and all the rest are gone, yeah I would. But certainly not if it's pick 15 and 3 of them are still on the board.

js31

Aug 2, 2005
I really like this kid.i think he would help us in so many ways.i would give up the islanders pick and our first pick in the second ?would you move up to grab him and what would it take

Yes. I'd be all for this idea. I think he's a top 12 prospect in this draft, and a potential top 6 winger. If we could package #21 and #31 to get to 13-16 and end up with Eichel and Konecny out of the draft's first day, I'd be pretty pleased.

I would do the same, maybe even throw in NYI 2nd if needed, for Crouse, Zacha, Barzal, Werenski, Rantanen, Provorov, maybe even Meier, as well. Sabres have stockpiled picks and prospects over these last few years. Need to turn our assets into high impact players, whether it be established NHLers or top 12, high end prospects.

ZeroPT*

I hope so. Tyler Johnson potential Swing for the fences. I'd rather trade the pick entirely. Package it for a proper young top 6 forward.

ROR.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
It would hinge on us having the Isles pick still, I'd imagine, and I think it will be traded. Packaging the pick(s) in a trade instead of moving up would solidify our team immediately, where drafting Konecny wouldn't produce results for at least a couple of years (if at all). As ZPT stated above, ROR is the top target. Great skill, responsible, and right in the age bracket TM wants.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Of course we should be doing these type of trades. We are overflowing with prospects that have ceilings of being 2nd/3rd liners and #4/5 dmen. What we are lacking are the high end premium prospects. The prospects who project to be top pairing dmen or a 60+ point first line winger.

The only position we are truly set at is center. We have zero need for it. We have 2 franchise #1 centers. We have the elite defensively shutdown center who will chip in 25-25-50. Hell and we have an absolute free roll wild card in Grigs. Imagine if Grigs does pan out to his ceiling, which is a 70 point pure offensive dynamo.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
honestly, I'd rather use that extra first or our second for a prospect who is more NHL ready. TM said he wants to speed things up, we need to get some players in here to help Eichel make the team better quicker. Our obvious need is RW but we could also use more depth on defense and two solid, quality 5/6 guys would help.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
honestly, I'd rather use that extra first or our second for a prospect who is more NHL ready. TM said he wants to speed things up, we need to get some players in here to help Eichel make the team better quicker. Our obvious need is RW but we could also use more depth on defense and two solid, quality 5/6 guys would help.

Or one or two top 4 guys....

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
I think I'd rather just wait and grab whomever falls. I'd like to scoop up a guy like Kylington or Bracco or someone at 21. There's going to be a top 15 quality prospect available at 21 and a Barbashev-type drop at 31. I'd rather just sit tight.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I think I'd rather just wait and grab whomever falls. I'd like to scoop up a guy like Kylington or Bracco or someone at 21. There's going to be a top 15 quality prospect available at 21 and a Barbashev-type drop at 31. I'd rather just sit tight.

Seriously, trigger warning that ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad