Would you trade Barkov for Brady straight up?

Would you trade Barkov for Brady straight up?

• Yes

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 87.0%

• Total voters

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
From another thread. Would you?
Too funny BNB, I was just thinking about you and this topic! Well not together...was just talking on twitter with another yearly favorite top dog fantasy rival, realizing I couldn't pick her out of a lineup, then you and a couple others came to mind! People I'd go outta my way for, no idea what the funk y'all look like after all these years🤣

And I came here specifically to create this poll after thinking about it.

My concern is Barky as whole sheet defenseman is super hard to replace, even if he's slumping offensively, he's still an asset.

Sentimentally, I'm still hurt losing Huby, but it's just about the same scenario, isn't it?

My heart says no, my brain says get the other brother at whatever cost and make up for whatever other gaps lost. If Zito can take the Staal brothers from the nursing home waiting room and they are a part of propelling us to the SCF...

But not straight up either way.

No, I don't wanna trade Barky. Voted no.

Last edited:

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I've been very critical of Barkov's production in the POs. But I can count the forwards I would trade for him on one hand. He's that talented.
You need a mutated hand with more fingers.

This group has gone from not understanding hockey to just straight up wanting the panthers to lose.

• Wow
Reactions: 16Skippy

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
You need a mutated hand with more fingers.

This group has gone from not understanding hockey to just straight up wanting the panthers to lose.
I don't think the arguable best defensive forward in the league is the reason we've lost at any point, even through offensive slumps, but he is a huge reason why we've had a chance to win at every point.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
It depends on which is emphasized, regular season consistency, or higher change of successful cup run. Bringing in Brady would be a noticeable boost for the latter, as we have to also consider the impact it would have on Matthew and the mentality of the team.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
It depends on which is emphasized, regular season consistency, or higher change of successful cup run. Bringing in Brady would be a noticeable boost for the latter, as we have to also consider the impact it would have on Matthew and the mentality of the team.

But what he brings in, in the 2 Way Game. From what i saw in Brady he play a similair style like his brother. I dont remember him with great defensive play. When i saw what we played in the PO, we need Player like Lundell, Reinhardt, Barkov, Loustarinen otherwise or D looks more bad then the Season and in the PO.

What Vegas played in the Final we would need 3 more top Defensman to stop them.
So for what should we need another Forward to score, by another Top 5 scoreing Team during Regular Season.

Also why should Ottawa should trade Brady. Ottawa with their young core was only 6 Points away from us. So they had really a PO chance with a few more wins.

Even its a theory Thread, we cant even pay the extras to force a trade. And make for both Teams no sense, since both Team needing the same thing.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
If we had another player who was capable of number 1 center duties I would consider it but the number 1 center would be Sam Bennett and thats just not good enough. Big fat NO on this one. You don't trade away a 6'4 two way number 1 in his prime lol.

Reactions: harv33173

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Spittin Chicklets wants to get in on the rumor mill.

Good god. Biz and rest of that crew are among the most stupid human beings I know.

If that trade was to happen it’d instantly make Ottawa a better team than Florida.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I don't think the arguable best defensive forward in the league is the reason we've lost at any point, even through offensive slumps, but he is a huge reason why we've had a chance to win at every point.
Hes not the best defensive fwd in the league. Hes one of them. And his offense leaves a ton to be desired for a "superstar". He disappears in huge moments/games and has zero killer instinct. Passes at incredibly stupid times when shooting is the only move. Never throws the body. Would pass up the stanley cup winning goal if it meant taking a penalty that wouldnt be called anyway. Hes just not a winner. Never has been.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Hes not the best defensive fwd in the league. Hes one of them. And his offense leaves a ton to be desired for a "superstar". He disappears in huge moments/games and has zero killer instinct. Passes at incredibly stupid times when shooting is the only move. Never throws the body. Would pass up the stanley cup winning goal if it meant taking a penalty that wouldnt be called anyway. Hes just not a winner. Never has been.
One of two. I don't think either of them are better than the other in that respect.

And I wouldn't say a ton. As much as I've complained about his lack of audacity, and hate to mention stats, he's still been a PPG for the last several seasons. Playoffs mattering most, of course, he still got 16 in the 21 games. I don't think any one will argue having any degree of frustration whenever he refused to fire the necessary piss missile, but most of us keep our patience with him and not for nothing. Probably because that's really his only flaw. He rarely ever has to throw the body.

Define winner. He just held the Prince of Wales Trophy. 27 years old? We'll see.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I still don’t know if I would do this 1 for 1, just because we don’t have a center who can really step into that top line role. However, if it did happen I honestly couldn’t help but be excited about bringing Brady in. Just the thought of having both tkachuk’s together for a minimum of the next 5yrs is insane. Scored 35g and was a ppg player last season And scored 30g the season before. One of the best young power forwards in the league. Having Matthew, Brady and carter as 3 of the 4 top-6 wingers would be insane. Reinhart probably rounding it out.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Tkachuk-Lundell-Bertuzzi
Tkachuk-Bennett-Verhaeghe
Samoskevich-Luostarinen-Reinhart
Lomberg-Cousins-Acciari

Pretty sure Montreal fans would call the police before the first game there.

• Haha
Reactions: teugen and Panteras

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
One of two. I don't think either of them are better than the other in that respect.

And I wouldn't say a ton. As much as I've complained about his lack of audacity, and hate to mention stats, he's still been a PPG for the last several seasons. Playoffs mattering most, of course, he still got 16 in the 21 games. I don't think any one will argue having any degree of frustration whenever he refused to fire the necessary piss missile, but most of us keep our patience with him and not for nothing. Probably because that's really his only flaw. He rarely ever has to throw the body.

Define winner. He just held the Prince of Wales Trophy. 27 years old? We'll see.
Hes not one of two. There are about 5 evenly great defensive fwds in the league. And 16 points in 21 playoff games leaves a ton to be desired when youre well over a ppg in the regular season. It shows a lack of fire in his blood that he is ineffective offensively in pretty much every playoffs weve made. He never takes a playoff game over and wills us to victory. Ever. Youre not elite if you cant do that. Its not a coincidence that the first year he wasnt the best player on the team, we made the cup. Ive been saying it for a decade. If hes the best player on your team, youre going nowhere. Hes not a winner. Hes a great complimentary piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad