Would you trade Barkov for Brady straight up?

Would you trade Barkov for Brady straight up?

• Yes

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 87.0%

• Total voters

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Assuming the answer here is overwhelmingly no, the follow up question is, who in the league would you swap Barkov for, the 1-for-1? The way they are now, not their peak or anything.

Vasy? Hedman? Point? McKinnon? McDavid? Pietrangelo? Pasta? Hughes? Etc.

I bet there aren’t more than 2 or 3. McD, McK, maybe someone else. And some probably wouldn’t do anyone except McD.

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
Assuming the answer here is overwhelmingly no, the follow up question is, who in the league would you swap Barkov for, the 1-for-1? The way they are now, not their peak or anything.

Vasy? Hedman? Point? McKinnon? McDavid? Pietrangelo? Pasta? Hughes? Etc.

I bet there aren’t more than 2 or 3. McD, McK, maybe someone else. And some probably wouldn’t do anyone except McD.
McDavid, MacKinnon or Makar i would. Adam Fox would be tempting but not sure if i'd do it. That's it probably.

Reactions: harv33173

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
There’s a handful of players that I would trade him 1:1, but mostly centers as we don’t have anyone who could step into that role if it were for a winger or even D.

McDavid
MacKinnon
Draisaitl
Matthews (only thing that would make me pause on this one is what he’ll eventually get paid)
Point
Aho

Those ones I would, some potential ones like Hintz, Pettersson and J Hughes but want to see more playoff performances out of those two, potentially Thompson but need more than a 1 season sample size and would also like to see what he’s capable of in the playoffs. There are other centers who I think are better but wouldn’t do when considering age and contracts

On D, obviously Makar.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
There’s a handful of players that I would trade him 1:1, but mostly centers as we don’t have anyone who could step into that role if it were for a winger or even D.

McDavid
MacKinnon
Draisaitl
Matthews (only thing that would make me pause on this one is what he’ll eventually get paid)
Point
Aho

Those ones I would, some potential ones like Hintz, Pettersson and J Hughes but want to see more playoff performances out of those two, potentially Thompson but need more than a 1 season sample size and would also like to see what he’s capable of in the playoffs. There are other centers who I think are better but wouldn’t do when considering age and contracts

On D, obviously Makar.
just curious why Aho? He got absolutely dominated by Barkov.

Reactions: teugen and mattihp

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
just curious why Aho? He got absolutely dominated by Barkov.
I like that he’s a more consistent playoff goal scorer while still averaging 30g over the last 6 straight regular seasons (Barkov right there too). his 36.5% goal per game rate in the playoffs (over 63 games) vs Barkov at only 23.4% (over 47 games) while being pretty much a ppg player in both the regular season and playoffs. And he’s only 25 still.

Matthews didn’t do much in the Toronto series either, I wouldn’t hold 1 series over a player. Every series and matchup is different. It’s not like Barkov has locked down every top center that he’s gone up against through his entire playoff career. Overall, aho has shown a lot during the playoffs. Barkov absolutely stepped up big time defensively these playoffs here, but I wish he were more of a scoring threat during this time of year. He scored 5 goals over 21 games this post season, first time he surpassed 2 goals in a single playoff run (granted most were really short, but still). I wouldn’t blame anyone for favoring Barkov over Aho, just my personal preference

Reactions: I am not exposed

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
what the ... biz isn't "hearing", just reading HF.
I knew we were gonna lose the cup once biz picked us to win it. He’s wrong about literally everything it seems like. He says he’d rather put his balls in a blender than watch the panthers in the playoffs, then we make it in and do amazing. Then he picks us to win the cup once we got there and yeah…didn’t work out to say the least

Reactions: zeroG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad