Would you take voynov on your team if it won you the cup?

What would you rather have?

• Total voters

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Probably, since I'm almost 60 years old. ;)

I'll overlook the immaturity of your posts and explain that he would absolutely need forgiveness from both organizations and fans if he were to get a shot in the NHL again.

Otherwise, he can hope SKA St Pete renews him, or he gets picked up by another KHL team. Or he can enjoy his retirement. Or maybe there's a Korean league with need of his skills.

He should apologize to a foreign organization and to this fans, to pursue his carere there, for the incident that is an internal affair of the Russian couple? If he does, then I myself would want to beat him to death

Reactions: GTA

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He should apologize to a foreign organization and to this fans, to pursue his carere there, for the incident that is an internal affair of the Russian couple? If he does, then I myself would want to beat him to death

You see, we in the US see domestic violence as more than "an internal affair of the Russian couple."

We pay our athletes millions of dollars, and for those millions, we expect a certain level of exemplary behavior. On a more universal level, domestic violence shouldn't be looked upon as a private affair, because such treatment is how vulnerable women become perpetual victims of violent attacks. When fans don't want to see a wife beater play for the team they support, or moreover the league has responded to fan preferences by suspending players for it, then that player no longer has a home in the NHL. Perhaps I am wrong and he should remain in Russia, where he can abuse his wife in peace.

I find it odd that you choose to come after one of the few responders in this thread who actually supports the idea of giving him a chance to return.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
There’s certain lines that can’t be crossed. Abuse of women and children cannot be tolerated in society under any circumstances. Every man makes his share of mistakes but physically hurting those you’re responsible for protecting is unforgivable.

Playing professional sports is a privilege that should be revoked if you can’t comply with this most simple code of morals and ethics. While I don’t know this as fact, stats indicate only a very small amount of domestic violence is isolated. Chances are this is just the only time he got caught.... Who knows what other punching bags he may have had over the years?

really hope you also extent this opinion to those who assault men as well. We're worth just the same as women...

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I didnt even know about this, but the whole thing seemed shady, on the woman's part.
I think she was, and that’s why the case was dropped.

Unfortunately, there’s instances where women make false accusations so we have to be careful and collect all the facts.

In the case of Voynov, the facts told a pretty ugly story.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Can't help but to feel hypocritical for voting no, i want that cup and i haven't heard Voynov repeating his crimes. Im all for giving people another chance, and it's been so long since the incident.

Let me put it this way, if all is good with his wife and family, and there's been no further issues, then it means they have solved their problems so why should i stay mad with something that's none of my business?

Assuming that's the case, i voted yes.

Reactions: Oseductive

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Not at all. Our hockey time is our entertainment dollar. The Philadelphia Flyers, for example, are able to pay players to play for them because I, along with hundreds of thousands of other people, pay a cable bill to watch their broadcasts and subject ourselves to advertisers who pay for the right to reach us, and because we buy tickets to their games, and because we buy lots of hats and shirts with their logo on them.

The notion that a man's rights to life and livelihood should be in no way rescinded or hampered beyond reasonably established penalties is not at odds with the idea that I personally don't want my entertainment dollars going to said man, nor do I want to pay to watch him play hockey. That's a completely fair, non-contradictory position. I am probably in the minority on that, because most sports fans have shown indifference to such things over the years.
Big talk from someone who supports a team that had a cup winning line literally employed by Satan

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You had me until you said Crosby. :laugh:

Seriously though, no way. I hate the Avalanche and root against them every game for the simple reason that they continue to employ Varlamov.

Have some damn standards!
I assume you hate most of the league by these same standards, given the amount of players and management employed who did much worse than either Voynov or Varlamov

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
really hope you also extent this opinion to those who assault men as well. We're worth just the same as women...
Men fight each other sometimes. It’s not really ok, especially if both aren’t consenting, but it doesn’t typically present the same dangers that a male-female mismatch would. Obviously assault is unacceptable from everyone but it’s a much more level playing field in a male-male physical altercation. Men have far more bone mass whether it be the skull or hands/wrists/arms making them not only more durable, but able to create far greater force on impact. It’s far more dangerous for a man to strike a woman than a woman to strike a man.

There’s a reason sports aren’t coed.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I assume you hate most of the league by these same standards, given the amount of players and management employed who did much worse than either Voynov or Varlamov

Hit me with the "players and management employed" who have dragged a woman through their house and shoved their head into a television.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
so someone proven completely innocent from someone who lied about all of it is at fault. got it.

Really? It had happened multiple times before, he finally gets arrested because she finally called the police, wealthy athlete gets better lawyer than poor girlfriend. But sure he was completely innocent. :thumbu:

Varlamov is trash, just like Voynov.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Really? It had happened multiple times before, he finally gets arrested because she finally called the police, wealthy athlete gets better lawyer than poor girlfriend. But sure he was completely innocent. :thumbu:

Varlamov is trash, just like Voynov.
it had nothing to do with lawyers. charges were never laid in the criminal proceedings he was arrested and released due to lack of evidence. that's a police thing not a lawyer thing. its obvious that you disregard facts so go ahead and think whatever you want.

not to mention he won teh civil suit showing she made it up and was awarded 126000 for what happened but yeah go ahead hate away.

Jury backs Varlamov in civil case, awards goalie $126K - Sportsnet.ca

link for those who care about actual evidence instead of letting perpetual lies continue to surface regardless of truth

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Hit me with the "players and management employed" who have dragged a woman through their house and shoved their head into a television.
You know there are people in NHL positions who have been convicted and served jail time for killing people, right?

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
If dude had stayed and faced charges and then taken his punishment and was now once again eligible to play in the NHL, I'd be ok with him on my team regardless of Cup. But the fact he dodged any kind of justice makes him an even bigger scumbag.

But I'd still take him if it guaranteed a Cup.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
it had nothing to do with lawyers. charges were never laid in the criminal proceedings he was arrested and released due to lack of evidence. that's a police thing not a lawyer thing. its obvious that you disregard facts so go ahead and think whatever you want.

not to mention he won teh civil suit showing she made it up and was awarded 126000 for what happened but yeah go ahead hate away.

Jury backs Varlamov in civil case, awards goalie $126K - Sportsnet.ca

link for those who care about actual evidence instead of letting perpetual lies continue to surface regardless of truth

You can believe what you want, the fact that there were reports of fighting at their place all the time tells the real story. Wealthy athlete gets off, surprise, surprise.

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
If dude had stayed and faced charges and then taken his punishment and was now once again eligible to play in the NHL, I'd be ok with him on my team regardless of Cup. But the fact he dodged any kind of justice makes him an even bigger *******.

But I'd still take him if it guaranteed a Cup.
He served his 90 days in jail in 2015.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Having been a fan of a cup winning team once, no.

It's a fun summer the year they do, but every postseason after that and they don't win again is a disappointment.

I think I'd be fine waiting for my team to win without him without having to stomach having that piece of shit on their roster.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Yes, but it would never happen since Babcock wants "good" people.
The backlash would be huge, ESPECIALLY if the Leafs got him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad