Would you take Rasmus Dahlin over Adam Fox and Charlie McAvoy?

Would you take Rasmus Dahlin over Adam Fox and Charlie McAvoy?

• Yes I would over both

Votes: 207 43.9%
  • Yes I would over Fox but not McAvoy

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Yes I would over McAvoy but not Fox

Votes: 121 25.7%
  • No not for either

Votes: 110 23.4%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 19 4.0%

• Total voters

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Have you even watched any dahlin the last two seasons?

“Still has to put it together that full year” wtf lol?
He was probably a top three defender the first half of last year, and had a case to be the best defenseman of the first half of the season. His play fell off dramatically the second half…still a hoss but not to the absolute elite level we are in talking about here. Playing through injury is a valid excuse and a reason to feel great about what he was when fully healthy but a lot of guys deal with injuries - it still affected his play. His profile in 2021-22 the year before wasn’t even remotely close to Norris level.

So yeah, he’s got to put together a full year to be there with Fox in my book. I didnt say he won’t do it. I even said he will be a perennial Norris contender. The question was “who do you take” not “who is more talent, who is better at a younger age or whose peak is going to be higher”and I’d take Fox - the guy is an absolute metronome of a defenseman.

Save your blind outrage for something that deserves it.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yes for sure.

Fox is very overrated.
FDI8pA3XIAsPh9v.jpg:large

So overrated

Doesn't include last season but doubt it's much worse.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I am a Devils fan, so when I say this you understand the pain it causes me.

Fox is incredible. Fox is the 2nd best defenseman in the league. Dahlin is great, and maybe he gets even better, but Fox was better last year and the year before. He put up the same number of points on a team that not only scored ~20 fewer goals but also gave up 80 fewer goals. He's really really really f***ing good.

McAvoy is more of a conversation, I think.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
This is the month of March. I know he was injured, that still doesn't make his game good.

GPGAPTS+/-PIMEVPPSHGWEVPPSHSS%SHFTTOIATOI
14044-16140000130260.0403343:5024:34
He bounced right back in April with 8gp 1g 6a +5. Definitely not a great month there though haha

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Too close to call. At the same cap hit I take the youger Dahlin, but at 1.500 more I'm not sure. Especially since he's a lefty.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
He was probably a top three defender the first half of last year, and had a case to be the best defenseman of the first half of the season. His play fell off dramatically the second half…still a hoss but not to the absolute elite level we are in talking about here. Playing through injury is a valid excuse and a reason to feel great about what he was when fully healthy but a lot of guys deal with injuries - it still affected his play. His profile in 2021-22 the year before wasn’t even remotely close to Norris level.

So yeah, he’s got to put together a full year to be there with Fox in my book. I didnt say he won’t do it. I even said he will be a perennial Norris contender. The question was “who do you take” not “who is more talent, who is better at a younger age or whose peak is going to be higher”and I’d take Fox - the guy is an absolute metronome of a defenseman.

Save your blind outrage for something that deserves it.
It was not but, I still believe that people don't realize how nightmarish Krueger actually was everyone's play dropped of a cliff under him, he didn't want defenders to jump up into play and thought hitting was useless and a waste of energy he wanted very limited physical contact out of our players to conserve energy. But I will agree dahlin has to continue his top level elite play over a whole season to be put above fox and makar and I think he can but both those guys are 1 and 2 for d men right now and believe dahlin has the ability to win a few Norris trophies but i have him as no.3 right now with slight but noticeable gap separating him from makar and fox, even with EK and his 100 point season i rank below dahlin as I don't think he will repeat that

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
This is the month of March. I know he was injured, that still doesn't make his game good.

GPGAPTS+/-PIMEVPPSHGWEVPPSHSS%SHFTTOIATOI
14044-16140000130260.0403343:5024:34
Sure but getting injured doesn't make him a drastically different player going forward.

We have a large sample of Dahlin emerging as one of the best Dmen in the league some of the answers in this thread aren't going to age well IMO and I think the other 2 guys are really good as well.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Last year.

No. He fell of one of the biggest cliffs on the planet for about 20% of the season. Sure, it was because of injury, but still doesn't make his season consistent.

Sure but getting injured doesn't make him a drastically different player going forward.

We have a large sample of Dahlin emerging as one of the best Dmen in the league some of the answers in this thread aren't going to age well IMO and I think the other 2 guys are really good as well.

No one said it did. This was a discussion about Dahlin still not having one whole consistent season of top performance, which is true. That's most likely bound to change though.

I have a hard time picking between Fox and Dahlin here.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Dahlin has been a stud for a year plus now on a bad team. However Sabres are moving in right direction I'm positive Dahlin leads them to playoffs and people see how good he is. Fox kinda over rated for me and Bruins fans were calling for Mcvoy to be shipped out after the last playoffs series where he was awful. Now not saying Fox and Mcvoy bad they still top 10 maybe higher but I'd rather have Dahlin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad