Would you stock up your favorite discontinued gloves?

JayK47

Feb 6, 2009
If you have your favorite gloves and you know that they dont make it any longer or the company when bankrupt would you buy them up even though you dont need it right away?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Talking about mission gloves perhaps? I might grab a pair or two, but there are lots of gloves out there. That said, there's not a ton of innovation in gloves, so they'll age well.

I would buy a pair or two if I had the money.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
each year a new glove comes out that is different from the previous one. They are like sticks. Different liners, different palms, different fit (albeit minor).

I would absolutely stock up on Vapor XXX gloves if I could afford it.

Kiyarii

May 21, 2009
Canada
No, don't buy things until you need them. Items (of mine anyway, especially when there are two of them) have a special way of getting lost. Besides, you may find something you like better in the meantime. :)

densetsu

I'd only care if it was a nice, pro-level glove that I really liked. In that case, I'd expect the gloves to last a while (5+ years). The palms will certainly wear out in that timeframe, in which case I'd just have them re-palmed.

After the glove totally wears out? That'll be 5+ years down the road and I'm sure I'd be able to find a decent replacement. That said, I'm seeing more and more huge, loose-fitting gloves on shelves these days, whereas I like the smaller, tight-fitting ones. But there's always eBay for the old-school, suspender-wearing, jockstrap-holding-up-socks, CCM HT2-loving guys like me. (And WTF, I'm only 27!)

AHF

Apr 21, 2004
Edmonton
Nope.

I bought gloves last year and I'm already itching to buy different ones, even though I love my current gloves and I'll likely have these for a while. I like to be 'up-to-date' with my equipment, so when the time comes to buy new gloves (a few years from now), I'll want something that came out that year.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
I've had the same pair of hockey gloves for six years.

If you take good care of your gloves the leather will not wear down that quickly.

TradeforWendel

Mar 8, 2007
Canada
I've never really noticed gloves to be a huge deal from me. I can switch from one pair to another mid game even and not really care. So for me, no, I wouldn't.

If you absolutely love your gloves though and don't like wearing other types, then it couldn't hurt I guess to grab a couple extra pairs.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
I've had the same pair of hockey gloves for six years.

If you take good care of your gloves the leather will not wear down that quickly.

I go through one pair a year because the palm wears out on the knob hand from shooting pucks. This year I did the glove repair before they got a hole which is to cut out a piece of leather in a section that would cover a hole made by the knob on a new pair of gloves and contact cementing it on there before they get a hole.

Preventive maintenace I guess. So far so good .... when the leather patch wears out I will reglue another so I never get that first hole in the palm from the stick knob.

JayK47

Feb 6, 2009
Talking about mission gloves perhaps? I might grab a pair or two, but there are lots of gloves out there. That said, there's not a ton of innovation in gloves, so they'll age well.

I would buy a pair or two if I had the money.

No, not Mission gloves but I like TPS R8s or R10s. They are good quality gloves and best looking gloves in my opinion, not only gloves, but I like their other gears, too bad the company had to go belly up.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
unless of course at some point Eagle is bought and the quality of their product is compromised.

Meh, I don't get paid to play hockey, so if I have to find a different glove, it won't be the end of the world.

I fell in love with my CCM Vector Pros (06 model I think), got them replamed, but they smelled like death, so I got some R8 50/50's. They are pretty sweet, but the new One95's feel like you're not wearing a glove at all, so I could see picking up a pair of those someday. And CCM has a new 4-roll coming out that looks interesting.

There's always good new gloves coming out. Quality may be hit or miss, but that just means you have to buy new ones every year instead of them lasting for several years, and if I'm a glove wh0re enough to be that picky I'll just buy new ones :yo:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I've been using the same Easton GX4000s for a lot of years, and would totally buy another pair if I could get them for cheap.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Meh, I don't get paid to play hockey, so if I have to find a different glove, it won't be the end of the world.

I fell in love with my CCM Vector Pros (06 model I think), got them replamed, but they smelled like death, so I got some R8 50/50's. They are pretty sweet, but the new One95's feel like you're not wearing a glove at all, so I could see picking up a pair of those someday. And CCM has a new 4-roll coming out that looks interesting.

they feel like your wearing a bionic hand. I'm trying to play hockey, not kill John Connor. :P I can't stand the feel of the One90/One95 lines. Way too tight.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Are you sure about the One95? It feels completely different than the One90. The One90 felt like you were wearing a creepy plastic glove on your band, but the One95 felt like wearing nothing at all. It's a lot softer and all nylon, very lightweight, feels very comfy.

AHF

Apr 21, 2004
Edmonton
Are you sure about the One95? It feels completely different than the One90. The One90 felt like you were wearing a creepy plastic glove on your band, but the One95 felt like wearing nothing at all. It's a lot softer and all nylon, very lightweight, feels very comfy.

Well, he's not the only one.

I too, find both Supreme lines to be too tight/narrow.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Yeah fit is subjective. I like a really tight fitting glove with a loose cuff. My TPS R8's are very loose fitting even though they have tapered fingers and are supposed to be a medium glove. The 4-roll Bauers I would almost drop down to a 12" because they are so big. Even Vapor series are a bit bigger than I like in a glove.

But the One95's are a lot softer and more hockey glove feeling than the One90's, which felt really stiff and restricted, and looked like a skeleton hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad