Would you reverse the trades for Schnieder and/or Hodgson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
My only complaint about Gillis' deadline work is he spent a second last year.

That's right: zero spending from the cupboard as opposed to very little.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
No for both.

Was never in the "Schneider could be elite" crowd. I still believe his history with anxiety issues will limit his ceiling and ability as a big game goalie. Don't think he has the mental make up and i've laid out the examples of his past supporting this train of thought before.
.. i.e. there is more supporting this hypothesis than there is against it.

Never thought of Hodgson as 1st line potential due to his footspeed... but was skeptical of the trade when it happened.. I was all aboard a couple days later after the game Kassian had vs Buffalo. After that i was happy about the trade.. and i'm STILL happy about the trade. I'm almost flat out giddy about it right now.
Kassian #9 is my next jersey.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
I think it's incredibly naive to think that the gong show in net over the last 2-3 years had no impact on the players and personel. I'll leave it at that.

It's all heresay (for the 4th time: I don't think numbers from this year mean anything regarding my point, for christ sakes go have a look at New Jersey's roster people!), but in my opinion having the goaltending situation ironed out, with a guy that was happy to be here, and that the team had complete trust in coming into the season would have put us in a much better position going forward. I really don't see how you can refute that.

If we could have gotten Markstrom and Matthias for Luongo instead of trading Schneider at the draft, I would have been all for it. Moot as I don't beleive it was an option.

What's so bad about New Jersey's roster? They have a better record than the Canucks even though they've gotten worse goaltending.

And I'm not sure why Schneider having the worst even strength save percentage in the entire league save for Pavelec, Brodeur, and Dubnyk is irrelevant. Sure if he was a seasoned vet with a huge sample to fall back on you could assume it was a blip, but this season represents almost 1/3rd of his entire career to date and he has been decidedly mediocre. Not to mention he has lost his job multiple times to one of the worst goalies in the NHL.

If the Canucks were competing in the near future then sure, I'd agree with you, but they're not. A soon to be expensive 28 year old goalie who has never been a starter isn't really what a team just about to enter a rebuild needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad