would you(male) wear a women's team jersey?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
If I was fan of some womens hockey team or player, ofcourse..

But I'm not.. and not likely to be..

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Only if I knew one of the players and were going to a tournament to cheer em on (which I was close to, since a friend was one of the final cuts to the Canadian women's junior team not long ago). But otherwise, I don't really see an instance where I would choose a women's jersey over the men's team, the quality of hockey is just so significantly lower. I'm among those who think women's hockey isn't at a level where it should be an Olympic sport yet, so it would be very tough for me to justify the money on such a purchase when there are much better athletes to support.

SHO NUFF*

I find most women's sports to be unwatchable. I couldn't care less.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I've worn a kilt and braveheart facepaint to a game regulary, do you think I really give a damn if the jersey was from a women's team?

Yes I would wear it, and I would be damn proud of it too! Just as much as if I wore a men's team jersey! They represent my country I love in a sport I love, and as long as they're not d-bags, act stupid, or do anything to embaress the nation I don't care whose jersey it is! To me Hockey is hockey. :)

By the way major props to the Canadian and USA who weren't afraid to drop the gloves in that game prior to the olympics. Showed more heart in that game than quite a few pro men's teams currently.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I'm surprised at the number of "yes" answers here.

If you don't follow women's hockey, why would you wear a women's hockey jersey? Very few people watch women's hockey so there's no herd to even follow by donning a "Wickenheiser" jersey.

I would struggle to take anyone seriously who wears a women's hockey jersey and who is not very closely associated with the sport somehow.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont

If you don't follow women's hockey, why would you wear a women's hockey jersey? Very few people watch women's hockey so there's no herd to even follow by donning a "Wickenheiser" jersey.

I would struggle to take anyone seriously who wears a women's hockey jersey and who is not very closely associated with the sport somehow.

I prefer the womens tournament to the mens honestly.

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
Honest question, but when do women play hockey when it's not the Olympics? Is there some sort of professional women's league anywhere?

To answer the OP's question, I would not wear one because I don't think I've heard of any women's player ever except for Cammi Granato and Cassie Campbell. This isn't meant to be sexist, BTW. My chances of wearing a women's jersey are about the same as me wearing an NBA jersey. I simply don't follow it nor do I have any intention on doing so.

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
I own an Alex Morgan USA Soccer jersey, so yeah if I was a fan of any of the players then I don't see why not. Gender is irrelevant in this case, I buy jerseys of players I like.

Aug 3, 2010
I've worn an Oilers jersey so you know I would wear a woman's jersey and feel no shame whatsoever.

Easily best answer of the thread.

But seriously, who cares if it's a "women's" jersey? If you're a fan of the sport, do what you want to do to show support.

The only issue if all the sweaters only come in women's sizes... :naughty:

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Honest question, but when do women play hockey when it's not the Olympics? Is there some sort of professional women's league anywhere?

To answer the OP's question, I would not wear one because I don't think I've heard of any women's player ever except for Cammi Granato and Cassie Campbell. This isn't meant to be sexist, BTW. My chances of wearing a women's jersey are about the same as me wearing an NBA jersey. I simply don't follow it nor do I have any intention on doing so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Women's_Hockey_League

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007

Because we respect the athletes?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Seems like the real question is "could you be a fan of women's hockey", because if you are a fan why would you have a problem wearing a female player's jersey, unless you were worried about what other people would say?

I don't watch enough women's hockey to really become a fan (seen some great games though) and I don't really wear jerseys anyhow, but I certainly wouldn't have a problem either being a fan if I had the exposure or wearing the jersey. This is a silly question for well-adjusted adults to be pondering really.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

I don't even begin to understand the middle paragraph. Wearing a jersey is about following a herd? It should be dependent on how many other people watch the sport or are familiar with the player? Sounds like the mentality of a middle schooler.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
No. Womens hockey is a joke.

I respect them trying, but it isnt far off from womens basketball. Just nowhere near the men in terms of skill level.

Didnt "good" high school boys teams beat the US womens team pretty bad. 4-1 5-1 type games.

Ill cheer for the US to win just like any sport, but I wouldnt as a male rock one of their jerseys.

To add, would any male here wear a WNBA jersey (assuming we were fans of basketball)? Every one of you would laugh at the idea or get laughed at if you wore one. Similar here, but you get a pass because its the Olympics. If they had a pro league, noone would rock a womens jersey daily.

Last edited:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
No. Womens hockey is a joke.

I respect them trying, but it isnt far off from womens basketball. Just nowhere near the men in terms of skill level.

Didnt "good" high school boys teams beat the US womens team pretty bad. 4-1 5-1 type games.

Ill cheer for the US to win just like any sport, but I wouldnt as a male rock one of their jerseys.

To add, would any male here wear a WNBA jersey (assuming we were fans of basketball)? Every one of you would laugh at the idea or get laughed at if you wore one. Similar here, but you get a pass because its the Olympics. If they had a pro league, noone would rock a womens jersey daily.

Warroad High School in Minnesota (where TJ Oshie is from) beat the Womens national team 2-1 prior to the Vancouver olympics.

As for the question, I likely wouldn't buy one. But if I was given one i'd have little problem throwing it into my collection and wearing it.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I prefer the womens tournament to the mens honestly.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

As for the OP, I wouldn't purchase one, but given one I would wear it at a game. I would buy tickets to the Olympic womens Canada vs US, but no other game.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida

You would struggle to take someone seriously because they enjoy women's hockey? Lolwut.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Would have no problem with it if I followed women's hockey. I do think it would be nice if they had a league stateside. I wouldn't get an Olympic anything for an athlete that I don't follow at all except during the Olympics, that's the problem. You need a regular league first.

Until the point where the women can compete with the men, it would be a smaller sport, get less interest, and probably be cheaper for it. I would imagine it would be fun to follow it like a minor league team. I like the idea of women's sports competing with men's, but I'm not going to lie and say I'm already a big fan - there's nothing to be a regular fan of right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad