Would you guys trade Quick for Stamkos?

KingKopitar11*

Why is it that a goalie is the most important part of a team, but the goalie doesn't hold similar value in a trade?

Goalies can be great and stink it up fairly quickly. A goalies play can change drastically. I.E Luongo/ Dipietro

Plus, Goalies are usually a product of the system. Quick wouldn't be that good on a team whos defense isn't great.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
As a Kings fan who saw this team not have a goaltender worth a crap for most of my years as a fan, the answer is no. Goalie is the most important position on the ice, and they are the real difference makers when it comes to winning a Cup.

Roy v the Great One.

A-frickin-Men.

Never mind never having seen the Kings have a solid, bonafide #1 goaltender in 15+ years of being a fan until a few years ago, I never thought they'd ever get a goaltender that would make other teams and their fans feel they were going to be fortunate to get a single goal. Quick did that for a couple seasons plus a glorious Stanley Cup run.

Don't fix what ain't broke.

HolyShot*

It would take more to get stamkos. What we need is a big skilled top 6 winger. No I wouldn't make that trade.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I wouldn't and I don't think either team would as it opens up a hole for both. Bishop is playing lights out right now so they don't need Quick...

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal
Scrivens is doing more than well and that is great. But Quick remains our number one goalie. If you're thinking of trading Quick please consult a neurologist as soon as possible... :shakehead

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Value wise, we would need to add. You don’t trade a 50 goal scorer for a goalie. TB would ask for some production back.TB would ask for a center or top 6 forward : Toffoli or Richards would have to go.

But just for fun: Quick for Stamkos would still leave us needing a top 6 LW...lol

Brown Stamkos Williams
King Kopitar Carter
Pearson Richards Toffoli
Clifford Vey Nolan

Why not just keep the crazy train going at that point and trade Clifford, Stoll and a 1st to Montreal for Pacioretty....

Brown-Stamkos-Williams
Pacioretty-Kopitar-Carter
Pearson-Richards-Toffoli
King-Vey-Nolan

:handclap::handclap:

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Been having this argument with a buddy of mine (who happens to be a Ducks fan) and I emphatically disagree with you. That cup run was an absolute team effort from top to bottom. In fact, Kopitar could have won MVP...and Brown wasn't too far behind him.

Was Quick stellar? Hell yes, but he didn't win that cup on his own.

Now, fast forward to last season....and yes, Quick is the reason why the Kings made it as far as they did...hands down.

I talked to Daryl Evans at the morning skate of game three and I recall him saying that it was essentially a coin toss in his eyes between Doughty, Kopitar, Brown and Quick depending on how that series went.

scryan

May 1, 2013
I thought we already established that we can trade quick now that we have Jones?

:D

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
Hey, this is Hollywood. maybe we can get an Academy-award winning makeup artist
to make Jean-Francois Berube look like Jonathan Quick.

So we'd "make the trade", and tell Tampa Bay it's Quick, but
we'd actually send Berube.

Calling Rick Baker...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad