Who wins or who adds ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrapy1980

Dec 25, 2016
Ontario
I read on sports net trade offer, this is what was said,
Montreal Canadiens ship Max Domi and Jeff Petry to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
In return the Leafs would send Kasperi Kapanen and seeing the team would need some more salary cap space, Cody Ceci would likely be thrown in.
Domi is a restricted free agent after this season while Petry has one more year left on his deal at $5.5million however does carry a modified no movement clause.
Would you make this trade?

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
In return the Leafs would send Kasperi Kapanen and seeing the team would need some more salary cap space, Cody Ceci would likely be thrown in.
Domi is a restricted free agent after this season while Petry has one more year left on his deal at $5.5million however does carry a modified no movement clause.
Wow. Not even General Wolfe tried to roll the French that bad

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Take out Domi, Petry , Kapanen and Ceci and Montreal will consider it

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Lol, atrocious for Montreal

Ceci pretty much neutralizes the value of Kapanen in any trade

AND Toronto still gets Montreals 2nd best dman and arguably their best winger still with RFA status

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Lol what, we would need a lot more pieces than that to obtain those pieces and I am a huge leafs fan.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
How is this even a question? What's balancing out the massive edge in value for Toronto? Toronto adds a bunch of 1st round picks?

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
After this move maybe we can ship Johnsson for Marchand + a 1st.

Even the poll doesn't make any sense lmao

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If anyone suggested this seriously (and is anything other than a hot-take artist) they should probably be fired.

I mean, cap-wise, Domi makes no sense for us long-term, so we are basically trading for him for a playoff run, and then trying to trade either he or Nylander at the draft (no chance both can fit in the salary structure).

The trade obviously is a huge win for the Leafs value-wise, so I can't see why the Habs would even entertain this. I mean, Bergevin seems to have one skill, which is having more lives than a cat (maybe he's somehow convinced Molson there are no other people who can speak french that could be GM). No matter what level of sympathetic coverage he gets in pro-francophone outlets, a trade like this to a historical rival is going to start a full-on fan revolt. I mean, if you are going to get ripped off, atleast don't do it to a rival whose national media coverage will constantly be playing in your market.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Wow, imagine thinking Kapanen and a cap dump was worth a 70 point physical top 6 C/LW and a top 4 PMD that is also solid on the PK. Jeeze
Isnt it a little early to be hitting the bowl?
Not that it isn't heavily tilted in the Leafs favor, but Domi is much closer to a 50 point player on average than a 70 point one.

Gaud

May 11, 2017

where is the link to this? Feels like there's half the article missing.

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
To be honest Petry has looked really bad in his previous few games with even the commentators mentioning he just standing around in front of the net and not defending any opposing forwards lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad