Would you bring back Guy Boucher

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Would you bring him back to the organization. Either as a scout for rest of season or assistant coach in Montreal or Hamilton. guess he was under the Gainey/Gauthier time so maybe MB doesn't have any connection to him.....thoughts

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I would hire him as Hamilton's head coach, but that's about it. I think he wants a HC spot, and I doubt he accepts a scouting position.

PricePkPatch*

He did a fantastic job helping the development in Hamilton. I'd be happy to see him back. Our youths need better defensive positioning reflexes.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I'd take him back for whenever Therrien will inevitably gets fired, but I doubt he'd take an AHL HC job again at this point.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Easy yes to taking him back on the Bulldogs. They have a ridiculously young and weak lineup, but whatever, they are still last in their league. And boring to watch. I don't find too much redeeming in Lefebvre's work there? But very much doubt they'd really replace him, though. Especially with a "challenger" who would be looking for NHL jobs all the time.

That said, Boucher is 41/42, he'll be coaching for like 20 more years, and Therrien won't stick for 20, so one day we'll be talking about Boucher for coach of the Habs again. No need to rush it. :)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'd definitely try to keep him under contract. Therrien's going to last at the very most 3-4 years. And Boucher will have a lot to prove to the league in his next head-coaching stint.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
His leaving the organization was regarded as catastrophic by some fans but Boucher didn't enhance his reputation as coach of the Lightning. In retrospect, I don't think he could have done as well as Therrien, much as I hate to say it.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
If he was an impressive interview and was the best candidate for the job, but I wouldn't hand him anything, hasn't proven much. The potential is there but the Bolts looked terrible for a while, especially systematically.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
When the going got tough, seems like he lost it. Oddly the opposite disposition as Therrien, the opposite of what we expected.

I really wonder how much of the lightning's woes are on him. He has the best pure scorer in the league, some pretty talented players, it's not like they were destined to be in the position they are now. Wonder if MSL wants out again.

I wouldn't take Boucher back as anything more than a junior coach. We have so much organizational support, don't know where he would fit in. Also not sure if Lefebvre is actually doing a good job.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'd absolutely take him back as head coach of the Bulldogs. He had a strong impact on a number of our guys. He's adaptable in terms of coaching styles, I could see him creating organizational consistency between the Habs and Hamilton (like the Sens have). From what I've seen of the Bulldogs, coaching has been questionable to say the least.

So ya, bring him back.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Boucher is one of those young coaches that needs to learn to dial it back. He needs seasoning like Therrien did.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
Give him a front office job until he gets an offer from somewhere else or a position opens up in the organization, like we did with Andy Murray back in 06. Never can have too many good hockey minds.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Give him a front office job until he gets an offer from somewhere else or a position opens up in the organization, like we did with Andy Murray back in 06. Never can have too many good hockey minds.

Exactly. No such thing as having too much talent on the roster or in coaching/management. That said I think they'll be other opportunities for him.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
His leaving the organization was regarded as catastrophic by some fans but Boucher didn't enhance his reputation as coach of the Lightning. In retrospect, I don't think he could have done as well as Therrien, much as I hate to say it.

How so ? the only year he had decent goaltending he went to the ECF.

As for the question of this thread, I'd take him back any day. I hope he is next after Therrien but I doubt he lasts that long without a NHL head coach job.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Boucher was victimized by a GM who did not believe in having a very good goalie in the organization.

Would love to have him back in Hamilton to be a coach in waiting for when Therrien decides to hang it up (or when management decides for him.;))

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad