Would you bring Adam Oates back as an Assistant Coach?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I'd definitely take him back, but in a lesser capacity, if he's interested...he seems like a good guy to keep in the fold

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We don't. I think people here want change for the sake of change.

Pete was smarter when he had Oates and Robinson on the bench. That said we ain't getting Larry back, and the current assistants really can't be faulted considering both the PP and PK had good-great seasons. Now if Foglino or Barr pull a Matt Shaw and take some juniors job opening up a spot, by all means bring Oates in. Other than that though, it wouldn't be fair to fire either one.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Absolutely not. His awful tenure in Washington is more than enough evidence for me. He turned an above-average possession team with some holes to fill into one of the worst in the league, and any success he had was basically on Ovechkin (specifically on the PP) and his goalies putting up exceptional and unsustainable numbers.

Look what he did to Penner and Erat. Two excellent top players got banished to the fourth line and Jay Beagle was promoted to top-line center. If that's what he does with vets, he'd drive Tedenby and Josefson to suicide.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd rather have him as a head coach than Pete deboer. I think he did a fantastic job in Washington and was really pulling the strings here when we went to the SCF. If you think Pete is a better
Coach than oatesie, you don't know hockey.

just kidding guys. I actually thought Oates wouldn't go over well as a head coach. I predicted Washington would sun under him, and that Oates wouldn't last. That was right after Washington announced the hiring. Oates isn't a good head coach. I wasn't very fond of him as an assistant either. How long did it take before he finally fixed the short handed goal problem? h

NC107*

I have said I would bring him back. Let me clarify only as an additional coach if that is possible. I don't see him replacing DeBoer or Stevens. The other two coaches have done a good job so make him a special coach in charge of I don't know "offensive slowness" and the young players. Let him work with the youth JJ, Tedenby, Gellinas, Merrill, Boucher and Larsson; Petes' bench warmers, BTW they are our future..they deserve special attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad