Would you be okay with your team doing something against the rules?

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Would you be alright with your team if they did something illegal to win the cup?

Like for example in the NFL the Patriots (I think it was them) deflated footballs or something which is illegal (I'm not a football fan so correct me if I'm wrong). Would you be okay with the hockey equivalent of something like that in order to win the cup? And assume you don't get punished like get the cup taken away from you or anything severe like that. Would you be okay with it?

Btw, Nothing illegal like doing drugs or doping or something like that.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i mean what are you gonna do? f*** with the ice? you have to play on that ice too..

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Illegal but nothing illegal

Tough call

In seriousness no I wouldn't be okay with it.

y'know what I meant. I mean doping is kind of going a bit far. I mean something "normal illegal", something you could potentially get away with bc it's not worth it for the League to strip you of the cup. Doping would get you stripped for sure imo...

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
i mean what are you gonna do? **** with the ice? you have to play on that ice too..

do something to your net? do something to your sticks? idk something like that. An example isn't really necessary. I wanted to know if ppl would be okay with cheating.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Swapping in slightly smaller pucks for offensive zone faceoffs and slightly larger pucks for defensive zone faceoffs?

Would be hard to pull of something like that. Plus I don't think the NHL would have any problem stripping a Cup if something like that was discovered.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."
--Some smart dude

There is a reason we have refs.

A lot of people would be willing to bend the rules but there are limits for sure. Would someone be ok with shooting down an aircraft carrying the opposite team? Hopefully not.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
do something to your net? do something to your sticks? idk something like that. An example isn't really necessary. I wanted to know if ppl would be okay with cheating.
i guess with further thought, the clock operator at staples already cheated to get the kings a win which led to them getting a cup so yes, i'm ok with this.

COULOMBS

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying.
It ain’t cheating if you don’t get caught.

As long as we don’t get punished for it I couldn’t care less

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."
--Some smart dude

There is a reason we have refs.

A lot of people would be willing to bend the rules but there are limits for sure. Would someone be ok with shooting down an aircraft carrying the opposite team? Hopefully not.

I would be okay with cheating. If you win by cheating, your still a winner. If your smart enough to figure out a way to cheat, you deserve the advantage. But ya maybe draw the line at hurting others and don't do anything malicious like go headhunting or something.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Well there is "cheating" like United are smart and resourceful enough to have Paul Pogba.
Then there is "cheating" like McSorley with is illegal curve.
And there is "cheating" like the Leafs got Matthews.

If it's not forbidden expressly by rules, it's allowable, period.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Technically every Cup champ does something against the rules. A penalty is for doing something you're not supposed to and I don't think any team has won the Cup without taking a single penalty :sarcasm:

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Well there is "cheating" like United are smart and resourceful enough to have Paul Pogba.
Then there is "cheating" like McSorley with is illegal curve.
And there is "cheating" like the Leafs got Matthews.

If it's not forbidden expressly by rules, it's allowable, period.
I'm curious to know how the Leafs cheated.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
i guess with further thought, the clock operator at staples already cheated to get the kings a win which led to them getting a cup so yes, i'm ok with this.

COULOMBS

Coulombs > Columbus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad