Player Discussion Would you be comfortable with a Elias Pettersson trade? (Poll)

Would you be fine with a Elias Pettersson trade?

• Yes, For a Clear Overpayment

• Yes, If the pieces are right

• Not Sure Honestly

• No Interest in trading Ep40

• Other - Type Below

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Of all the things the Canucks have invested in (sleep doctors, nutritionists, at least under Gillis), I wonder if they have a sports psychologist or if they leave that up to individual players to find someone they're comfortable with.

I remember hearing how Sean Burke credited a sports psychologist for turning his career around (given what's come out about his domestic behaviour I'll leave unanswered whether that psychologist was effective in addressing other aspects of his behaviour).

if gillis could have found the right shrink for luongo, post-difficult pregnancy… oh what could have been

Reactions: MarkMM

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
From what I understand, all of that was canned under Jim.

upload_2022-1-28_8-59-36.png

“And the library? Gone! Sealed off brick by brick! We'll have us a little book-barbecue in the yard. They'll see the flames for miles.”

4BlindMice

Jan 13, 2022
Not really happy with Pete's attitude and not entirely convinced of his star status. He came in talking a lot of the talk and wanting to "Be the best" etc. Wants do not equal facts though. Seems mentally fragile. Is he a single child by any chance?
He could easily be the next in a long line of over hyped Canucks prospects.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Not really happy with Pete's attitude and not entirely convinced of his star status. He came in talking a lot of the talk and wanting to "Be the best" etc. Wants do not equal facts though. Seems mentally fragile. Is he a single child by any chance?

I don't think there's anything wrong with a player saying they want to win.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
He’s really coming along. Big improvement from the start of the season. At this point, there’s pretty good reason to hope he will regain form although probably not all the way until next season.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Why would it change? People said if the price was right, the price has just gotten higher. Gretzky got traded anyone can be traded for the right price
So there is not point in even having a poll…

Perhaps the question should be,
If you voted to trade EP at his suckiest point this season, do you have sellers remorse because his value has risen???

mlse2kk

Apr 8, 2022
Unless we're getting Jack Hughes in return, then no. It would be a massive franchise-altering mistake IMO.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

This post is not aging well. He's still the best player on the team, even if he's had a bit of an off year. With Hughes and Demko playing top level, and Podkolzin rising, we have a decent core for next year.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Some wild takes in this thread based on a poor streak by EP.
I voted no to a trade as I don’t think there’s any realistic scenario where we win such a trade.
Even during the slump I was always confident he’d figure it out. He’s just too talented not to. Long run I think he becomes a top 10 Center in the league who plays an elite two way game. You just don’t trade those players.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
We should still trade him if we get enough lol

I am thinking for Bedard straight up. Lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Play

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Ryan Poehling
Alexander Romanov
1st round pick

That was my favorite from here

That might be from me but if Wright becomes a 100 point o’reilly on steroids and Romanov passes sergachev we win the trade. Especially when ep might get 10 million by the time we complete. hate it on it all you want though. Lol

Poehling was my bad though, didn’t realize he regressed so much. It would have to be their next best piece behind Caufield instead.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Perhaps some of those that voted they aren't interested in trading him can illuminate something for me.

You're choosing not to trade a player even for a clear overpayment, which was one of the options. You aren't comparing keeping him with making your team worse-you're saying you aren't interested in making your team better by taking an overpayment for your star.

What is it that causes you to want to keep a young player rather than improve your team by accepting the huge return necessary to be an overpayment for your star?

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Perhaps some of those that voted they aren't interested in trading him can illuminate something for me.

You're choosing not to trade a player even for a clear overpayment, which was one of the options. You aren't comparing keeping him with making your team worse-you're saying you aren't interested in making your team better by taking an overpayment for your star.

What is it that causes you to want to keep a young player rather than improve your team by accepting the huge return necessary to be an overpayment for your star?
It’s not true that an overpayment will improve the team. You could get a boatload if picks for him as an overpayment. But quantity usually isn’t better than quality— those picks may take 2-3 years from draft to be impactful, setting the team back, and that’s banking our scouting team to hit each pick. The chances of these players being as impactful as Pettersson is low.

Last edited:
Reactions: rypper

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
That might be from me but if Wright becomes a 100 point o’reilly on steroids and Romanov passes sergachev we win the trade. Especially when ep might get 10 million by the time we complete. hate it on it all you want though. Lol

Poehling was my bad though, didn’t realize he regressed so much. It would have to be their next best piece behind Caufield instead.

Yeah trade a 23 year old top line player for 2 maybes who may be half as good as Pettersson and a bust. Absolutely genius

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta

The idea of overpayment is relative. Your idea of overpayment could be my idea of underpayment and vice versa. I read the poll option as "Would you trade Petey for a forum consensus overpayment right now?" rather than "Would you trade Petey for your idea of overpayment?"

At the time this thread was made, Petey had 17p in 35 games and a large part of this board had borderline given up on him. His value was at absolute rock bottom and he didn't look like an impact player.

A "clear overpayment" for a struggling player on pace for 40p still isn't enough for me to part ways with a player I believe is actually an 80+p player when healthy. I thought there was much more upside to holding onto him rather than selling him at his lowest - even for a slight overpayment of that lowest value.

Reactions: rypper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad