Would we have had a better chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnz96*

Do you think we would have a better chance to beat Boston with Gaborik, Vanek or Iginla instead of Cleary Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, Tootoo and Gustavsson?

vicehf

Sep 14, 2013
Given that the four of them were scratches or in the AHL at the end of the year, and the fifth is a backup goaltender, yes. Any of those three would have made the team more of a threat, against any team.

I think Boston still beats us, but if we have those three in the lineup for the season, I also think we finish with more points and face an entirely different team.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Would we have a better chance to beat Boston with a better team? How could the answer not be yes?

Johnz96*

Given that the four of them were scratches or in the AHL at the end of the year, and the fifth is a backup goaltender, yes. Any of those three would have made the team more of a threat, against any team.

I think Boston still beats us, but if we have those three in the lineup for the season, I also think we finish with more points and face an entirely different team.

The question was would any ONE of threm helped the team more than Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and Gustavsson?

Johnz96*

If the GM wasn't an idiot we could still be a dominant team in this league.

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
This is kind of an obvious yes, I'd question anyone who puts a no. Correct me if I'm wrong. But the only one to play for us vs boston was Bert.(other than Gus). So If u replace Bert with either of those 3. We improve big time.... Still don't think we win. But our chances improve.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
This seems like a pretty obvious answer, and really doesn't have any point that isn't being discussed in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad