To Edmonton:
- Brady Tkachuk
- Connor Brown
- Thomas Chabot

To Ottawa:
- Leon Draisaitl
- Jesse Puljujarvi
- Darnell Nurse

I really like Draisaitl, but it'd be fun to have Tkachuk vs Tkachuk in the BOA, RNH could move to 2nd line Center, and the Oilers get a #1 dman.

Senators get a stud #1 Center on a great contract, a wildcard in Puljujavi though could be a lot better than Brown and a good, but not great defenseman.

Fantasy Hockey Trade Analysis:
Trade Darnell Nurse & Jesse Puljujarvi & Leon Draisaitl for Brady Tkachuk & Connor Brown & Thomas Chabot

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
I feel like Edmonton gets screwed. Draisaitl is by far the best player here and I don't think you need to lose him to upgrade from Nurse to Chabot.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Oilers get screwed big time.

Thanks for your feedback. I guess I see a lot of promise in Tkachuk and Chabot with Brown adding some much needed forward depth. A lot of Oilers fans (not me) are really tired of Darnell Nurse... and at this point I'll take anything positive for Jesse Puljujarvi.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I feel like Edmonton gets screwed. Draisaitl is by far the best player here and I don't think you need to lose him to upgrade from Nurse to Chabot.

What do you think it'd take to convince the Senators to move their #1 defenseman? The offer would need to be convincing. I could honestly trade the entire defense core because there's no one special in the Top 6.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Brady Tkachuk and Thomas Chabot are good young players. Could turn into great players. But at this time neither is close to Draisaitl (possibly, if not likely, never will be) who can win games for his team alone when he's going.

On top of that Nurse is also a good defenseman and while he's not as good as Chabot, the upgrade + Tkachuk isn't worth giving up Drai. Obviously Brown is also nice add for depth, but in the grand scheme of things not very significant when giving up an elite player.

Bottom line is Draisaitl is one of the most valuable players in the league right now. His contract is great, 8M is peanuts at this point. If he had one of the highest cap hits in the league, then that could change things.

But let me put it this way, Oilers wouldn't do Chabot+Tkachuk for Draisaitl and the rest of the trade is negative value for the Oil. You have to remove Nurse to make it somewhat fair value-wise but it doesn't mean the Oilers would still trade Leon. He's way too popular and having him on the team also keeps McDavid happy.

Reactions: Sempiternal

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Draisitl is about to win the Hart trophy. And he's still only 24. Some good pieces coming from Ottawa here, but nobody in the same stratosphere as Draisitl. Value is not close here.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So Draisaitl and Nurse for Tkachuk and Chabot? Take out Nurse and the Oilers still refuse.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I think this is somewhat fair. You have to remember that Pulju drags the trade value down because he will never play in the NHL.
Tkakchuk also becomes hell of a player, as will Chabot. Still think it's a bit much from Oilers but could see it going through.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
To Edmonton:
- Brady Tkachuk
- Conn or Brown
- Thomas Chabot

To Ottawa:
- Leon Draisaitl
- Jesse Puljujarvi
- Darnell Nurse

I really like Draisaitl, but it'd be fun to have Tkachuk vs Tkachuk in the BOA, RNH could move to 2nd line Center, and the Oilers get a #1 dman.

Senators get a stud #1 Center on a great contract, a wildcard in Puljujavi though could be a lot better than Brown and a good, but not great defenseman.

Could you please outline what you are basing this on? Is it based on where each of them was drafted?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Its a decent offer from Ottawa to be honest IF its just Drai coming back other way.

I still think Oilers say no - but if they do decide to trade a D + F package like that would be right up their alley. Might be able to get more though

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Thanks for all the responses. It was just a what if. It's interesting to see how valuable Draisaitl is to opposing fans, even though I think the Oilers would be a better team if this went through.

Tkachuk is going to be great, Brown and McDavid played youth hockey and Chabot is way better than any of the defensemen on the Oilers.

In the end though, Leon Draisaitl is King and Ken Holland has his work cut out for him to add some depth and improve the backend.

RIP 2020 Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad