Would the NHL reward new owners in the lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman x 17

Jul 21, 2014
Just curious could you guys perhaps see the NHL maybe "giving" the lottery to a team like Arizona or New Jersey who have new owners in order to reward them and bring in more fans to that area? I am a Devils fan so I like to think of a chance like that maybe working in our favor, but I could definitely see this happening to a team like Arizona especially in a growing hockey community that is being formed in that area.

I know this sounds crazy and is probably far fetched, I just thought it would be something interesting to think about given the impact McDavid would have on any franchise

Last edited:

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Since the draw is done behind closed doors, anything is possible.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The lottery process is overseen by Ernst and Young. It's their reputation on the line. They would lose billions if it came out that it was fixed, because an accounting firm's reputation is pretty much all it has (see Arthur Andersen). No, zero chance the lottery has been, or ever will be, fixed as long as a big 4 firm is involved.

hyster110

Mar 21, 2011
its doesnt have to happen but the public perception in everything. i dont like the move to make more picks eligible by lottery. look at the 85 draft in the NBA...

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Will it happen: no.

Will people believe that it happened (regardless of who wins): yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad