Would the acquisition of Dustin Byfuglien make the loss of DH more palatable?

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Definitely. But losing Dougie will hurt forever. Anybody know the asking price on Byfuglien?

trudatman*

sure. they already have Rinaldo, so then it would be a matter of getting Caron back and the team would be all set, with or without Chris Stewart.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Are you ever positive about anything ever? Seriously you just have negative things to say about literally everything. Your avatar should be Eeyore or Droopy the dog.

I can't speak for Fire Sweeney, but I'm positive Big Buff knows where every buffet on the road can be found...

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Are you ever positive about anything ever? Seriously you just have negative things to say about literally everything. Your avatar should be Eeyore or Droopy the dog.

Sure, I've always been positive about great players such as Rask... or Hamilton.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
30 year old 300 pound man on a lottery team... this would be a disaster.

Pretty much sums up my opinion.

He would cost a ton to acquire. Probably significantly more than Boston gave up to get Dougie. Think the 2 2016 #1's for starters.

If you pick him up you need to be willing to extend him, because trading an arm and a leg to get him makes no sense for one year when the team may no be very good anyway. So you have to be willing to commit to extend a 300 pound "defenseman" into his late 30s at 7.5 million plus. Now that is something that won't end well

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Suppose I should weigh in on my own question:

I am a slave to the style of hockey we played in 2011. Reestablishing that style, for me, would make watching Bruins hockey as much fun as it was during the 2011 run, almost regardless of success.

I'd rather lose to the Russians than the Habs, and last year not only did we lose to them, but we were pushed around.

Petty? Sure.

I would like to see us take the 'heavy' style that we've relied on, maybe speed it up some (read: Rinaldo vs Thornton, etc.), and not play follow the leader.

Bruins hockey is Bruins hockey, and it is still a viable style in my opinion.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
No way anyone tops this comment today.

I with you on this...I laughed out loud how witty this comment was...

The first thing that had come to my mind was.....can heavy Buff lessen our load on D?
He would be great here but as we all saw in the po's he does have his flaws but he would be a player I would dearly love to have with our team.
He just needs to tighen up a little more on D and play it a little more simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad