Would Shawn Matthias be a good fit in San Jose?

akirayeung

May 19, 2015
Toronto
As we all know, Shawn Matthias is available currently via free agency. I was wondering if he would be a good fit for the third or fourth line. I know the Sharks have had problems with depth in the past and he could be a great pick up. He's standing at 6'4 and had OK numbers with the Canucks this season. Also, I believe hes a left winger which the Sharks also lack in depth.

So to put my question plainly, Would Matthias be a good fit, is he affordable given the current cap state of the Sharks and is he a likely pickup?

P.S Can we just trade away Mike Brown and his overpriced(IMO) contract at 1.25mill to make room?

Also: Matthias is 27 years old, which fits in Wilson's getting younger idea.

Last edited:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'd prefer Tlusty or Bergenheim since they're both players that can play on any of the top 3 lines but Matthias could be a good bottom 6 option.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
I'd prefer Tlusty or Bergenheim since they're both players that can play on any of the top 3 lines but Matthias could be a good bottom 6 option.

If we have Karlsson at 1st line LW, then we can take on Matthias.

IMO the FA I'd target for a forward addition would be Tlusty. He has experience playing with Staal and clicking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad