Would McDavid-Hall have been better than Crosby-Malkin?

Would McDavid-Hall have been better than Crosby-Malkin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Hall was traded before both players were at prime/peak levels. Would McDavid and Hall have been a better 1-2 than Sid and Geno?

Edit: I'm not comparing Hall's career to Malkin, just asking if Hall and McDavid together would be a better combo.

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
No, as much of a fan as I am of Taylor Hall, he’s just not in the same tier as the other three.

This will be locked as soon as that spiny norman guy sees the lopsided result.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
LOL are you comparing Hall to Malkin?
MVP Hall with today's McDavid. Not career vs career.
But Hart Trophy Taylor Hall with today's McDavid might be putting up 120 points each at the same time.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
McDavid-Hall wouldn't have been better than McDavid-Draisaitl.
Yes they would. Hall is much better than Drai.

Draisaitl can’t even run a line, could you imagine him having an MVP season all alone in NJ?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Draisaitl isn't 1/2 the player Hall is.
Draisaitl and McDavid have chemisty and have been one of the highest scoring tandems in the league since they were put together.

Hall and McDavid looked like ass when they played together, because both try and drive the play.

Your question isn't about who is better. It's about chemistry. Those two didn't have any.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ya. They’re both good enough that they’d have figured it out beyond a small sample size in McDavid’s rookie season.

McDavid and Hall would dwarf McDavid and Drai in production.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
He can’t even run a line, nevervmind have the ability to win an MVP by himself in NJ.

I am so f***ing tired of hearing that. He is playing with Rieder and Chiasson, and is on pace for 101 points. And he can actually play defense. Taylor hall is tire fire in his own end.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I am so ****ing tired of hearing that. He is playing with Rieder and Chiasson, and is on pace for 101 points. And he can actually play defense. Taylor hall is tire fire in his own end.
This is why fanbases here on this particular website of the actual player discussed should be the very last place people look to for player valuations.

How many of his pts come when he’s with Riedet and Chiasson as opposed to how many come when he’s slotted with Conner at ES or on the PP?

He’d be a 60-70 pt player tops without McDavid and is multiple tiers below a player like Hall.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
At having more letters in his surname. At hockey, not even in the same stratosphere.

Reactions: illpucks

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
McDavid and Hall barely played with each other at ES with each other. Also, Hall is better than Draisaitl at the moment but it was never a choice between these two players

Last edited:

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
This is basically a poll for Malkin vs Hall. I feel that Crosby was slightly better than McDavid anyway, so it's a landslide.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
This is why fanbases here on this particular website of the actual player discussed should be the very last place people look to for player valuations.

How many of his pts come when he’s with Riedet and Chiasson as opposed to how many come when he’s slotted with Conner at ES or on the PP?

He’d be a 60-70 pt player tops without McDavid and is multiple tiers below a player like Hall.

That the bulk of his points come with McDavid isn't really the point though, it's that whenever he's apart from McDavid, he's playing with bottom 6 players. His points are inflated by McDavid half the time and then hurt by crap wingers the other half. He might be a 60-70 point player playing the whole year with crap players, but he's probably an 80 point player with actual competent top 6 wingers. He's not as good as Hall, but he's not levels behind. Hall has had some mediocre numbers in some years himself.

As for the poll, I don't know how it's not comparing Hall to Malkin. It's not like McDavid is a way better player to make up for it. It's clearly the Pens duo. Maybe it's the Oilers if you compare MVP Hall to Malkin in his worse year

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Draisaitl and McDavid have chemisty and have been one of the highest scoring tandems in the league since they were put together.

Hall and McDavid looked like ass when they played together, because both try and drive the play.

Your question isn't about who is better. It's about chemistry. Those two didn't have any.

Crosby and Malkin are not a scoring tandem who play together, they both drive their own lines, just as Hall would, and just as Draisaitl does not successfully.

The idea that the Oilers could have

McDavid
Hall-Hopkins-Eberle given their chemistry
Draisaitl properly slotted as a 3C

is funny to me though.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Crosby and Malkin are not a scoring tandem who play together, they both drive their own lines, just as Hall would, and just as Draisaitl does not successfully.

The idea that the Oilers could have

McDavid
Hall-Hopkins-Eberle given their chemistry
Draisaitl properly slotted as a 3C

is funny to me though.
Funny to me too, considering the whole existence of a salary cap.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
No but this could have been

Hall McDavid Draisaitl
RNH Barzal Eberle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad