Would Mattias Ohlund get a Stanley Cup Ring?

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
No, you have to play at least half the season's games to eligible or have to play in at least 3/4 playoff series (I believe the playoff part is right, can't remember 100% off hand).

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Actually there aren't really rules for who gets a ring - anyone in the organization can get one. Totally up to the team.

No chance his name is put on the Cup though.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Next year is the last year for the ohlund ltir! Ya! We are ready to move on from ok hockey! Well stamkos and Hedman are still here from ok hockey.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
They can give him a ring if they want. They could petition his name on the cup but I doubt it would be approved or that he would even want that (gotta believe a player would not want a pity recognition like that).

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think vinik would give him a ring does he do anything with the lightning ? Or just hang out in Sweden ?

HedsUp77Up

Feb 19, 2013
No, you have to play at least half the season's games to eligible or have to play in at least 3/4 playoff series (I believe the playoff part is right, can't remember 100% off hand).

I actually looked this up today. You either have to have played in at least 40 regular season games or one Stanley Cup Final game to get your name on the SC.

But yea, he could possibly get a ring from the organization.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Last season he was a regular fixture at practices in a coaching-capacity. Haven't heard any this year. The beat writers would know best.

I know he's been in Syracuse at least some of the time this year in that sort of capacity.

but yeah, Ohlund would get a ring, but not his name on the cup.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
I actually looked this up today. You either have to have played in at least 40 regular season games or one Stanley Cup Final game to get your name on the SC.

But yea, he could possibly get a ring from the organization.

You did what I was too lazy to do, here's a beer for ya!

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad